millions of americans will be homeless today

bacha29

So everyone either got to work from home, were laid off and received enhanced unemployment that for most laid off employees equaled or bettered there pay when they were working (and Biden retroactively game them back their taxes they owed on it), or were forced to work more hours and therefore earned more money. On top of this we had 3 stimulus payments. At the same time every single company in the world is hiring at higher rates than in the past and you could basically sign up for a job regardless of your past work history but I am supposed to feel sorry for someone who didn't pay their rent. AOC on basically the first day told people to stop paying their rents. She is as responsible for this as as anyone.
HUD rent subsidies is as one landlord said to me "guaranteed money" . At the same time they are conditions attached to the acceptance of that money.
At one time rental properties was a good business to be in provided that you owned good properties in good neighborhoods in good markets with high incomes. Trouble is you don't have that everywhere.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The Supreme Court was ready to rule the CDC didn't have the authority for the mandate but passed on it because it was set to expire July 31 making the issue mostly moot. Now the CDC is trying to extend it so expect the court to slap them down.
Yeah in what freaking world does the cdc has authority over evictions.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
CDC now writes national policy.
I thought their main job was to identify and warn the population of dangerous illnesses.
Not to decide who can skip paying their rent when due.
And force landowners to forgo the funds needed to pay their mortgages.

rickyb

I thought their main job was to identify and warn the population of dangerous illnesses.
banks shouldnt be collecting, and it shouldnt be a loan the debt should be cancelled.

this is just divide and conquer or maybe more failed state symptoms

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Even after the Supreme Court told Biden that only Congress has that authority.

over9five

Staff member
Freakin :censored2: democrats saying "We'll just forgive that debt, that college loan, that rent..".
Nothing gets forgiven. It gets moved to the taxpayer. Unacceptable.

rickyb

Freakin * democrats saying "We'll just forgive that debt, that college loan, that rent..".
Nothing gets forgiven. It gets moved to the taxpayer. Unacceptable.
make the rich pay for it if ur that concerned. heard jeff bezos and elon musk got lots of money. cut down on corp welfare like to the corrupt bankers and big oil.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Mortgages will not be forgiven by the banks.
They lobbied Congress heavily to prevent it.
So in the end it's the middle class families that own these rental units that will be made the scape goats.