millions of americans will be homeless today

oldngray

nowhere special
The Supreme Court was ready to rule the CDC didn't have the authority for the mandate but passed on it because it was set to expire July 31 making the issue mostly moot. Now the CDC is trying to extend it so expect the court to slap them down.

What'dyabringmetoday???

What is this nonsense? What are you talking about? Who are you talking about? Are we talking about renters? All kinds of people do drugs, all kinds of people are lazy, what does that have to do with government policy? What good does it do have a bunch of homeless families? Don't you think a hugely increased homeless population is going to cost more money? lead to more drug use? Lead to more illnesses, lead to more children not going to school? Hell lead to more people giving up? I have no idea what your anger or these fictional people in your head have to do with anything.
So, are you a landlord?

Up In Smoke

So, you do not know anyone who actually owns rental properties do you?
My wife and I own residential and commercial rental property. The PPP, SBA, State and Local small business assist programs made up for all rental shortages. We had no financial hardship and the government loans we took out have been forgiven. Some property owners must have not researched the programs or just refused to take government assistance. What's even more interesting, we belong to several non profit businesses (church, Elks, Rotary and area SBA) and we lost no incomes during the shut down. Our church received more 750k, all forgiven.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
My wife and I own residential and commercial rental property. The PPP, SBA, State and Local small business assist programs made up for all rental shortages. We had no financial hardship and the government loans we took out have been forgiven. Some property owners must have not researched the programs or just refused to take government assistance. What's even more interesting, we belong to several non profit businesses (church, Elks, Rotary and area SBA) and we lost no incomes during the shut down. Our church received more 750k, all forgiven.
You're describing a Democrat free-for-all at the taxpayers expense.
Why would you have a loan forgiven? Are you a minority or disabled or something similar? Maybe it's to sway your vote with the hopes of more free stuff....

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Why would a church receive tax money?

Up In Smoke

You're describing a Democrat free-for-all at the taxpayers expense.
Why would you have a loan forgiven? Are you a minority or disabled or something similar? Maybe it's to sway your vote with the hopes of more free stuff....
These were 2020 programs. PPP replaced revenues that allowed businesses to pay their bills and employees during the height of the shut down. If the SBA loans were used to maintain or improve your business they were converted to grants.

rickyb

Margaret Killjoy Waving black flag

@magpiekilljoy

·
21h

in the 80s in Amsterdam tons of people started breaking into and living in vacant housing and eventually even the government had to admit it was a social good that reduced the real estate prospecting that was impoverishing the city. just bringing this up for no reason

Up In Smoke

Big difference between Exempt and Tax Burden Reduction
Our Diocese buys vacant land and builds retirement facilities on a yearly basis. These are operated at a loss for tax purposes. We also operate a number of Catholic Hospitals which also make no money. It's amazing to see the dollars that move in and out of these non profits.