Minimum notice to retirement committee

ski or die

Ski or Die
When I was dealing with "Aetna", I was still under UPS insurance. Luckily you were able to bypass them. I was calling the phone number on reverse side of our Aetna insurance card. It wasn't until after my third phone call did I find out it was a third party. If you can avoid this company, do so at all costs.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had no problem retiring, the process is very straight forward.
First, and foremost, I did my homework.
I retired on Feb. 28th, and my 1st pension check was deposited the next business day.
Never depend on the union, or the company, to do the due diligence that determines your future.
BTW,
retirement is like waking up on a Saturday morning everyday.
Where you been? Been missing you!!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Last Sept. I visited our union pension office to pick up the paperwork.
New England Teamsters & Trucking Industry Pension Fund , www.nettipf.com .
They request that 3-6 months notice prior to your last day . And all paperwork submit at least 1 calendar month in advance .

The problem many have here is that they leave on May 1st when our new vacation year begins .
Many have 6-7 weeks vacation .
What they don't understand is their retirement begins after the last vacation day .
Then the pension funds has to wait until the 3rd week of the following month to post their hours to their account . And then at the first of the next month the retirement check is issued .
So leave May 1st , hours get posted for May in June , June hours posted in July , check issued in August .
I plan to use up all my days off prior to leaving to avoid this hassle .