Minn Driver caught in bridge collapse

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
It is a nicely written story.
I have heard of a few of the injured feeling as he did that he should have been able to help, but when you are a victim of something like this, it is just better to get out of the way under your own power than try to be a hero.
Thoughts and prayers to our brother.

idrivethetruck

Slow & steady wins the race.
I laughed out loud when I read the part that said he "wouldn’t let them cut off his UPS socks because they cost $8 a pair.”
This is why I make my own...
Gold Toe, or your favorite brand, and RIT dye. Usually costs 3 to 4 dollars a pair this way.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
We all complain about how bad UPS management is but management has certainly treated this guy with exceptional class. When I was in Chicago, my first full-timer gave me his cell number and said, "Call me anytime--day or night--if you need something. I'll probably be able to help somehow." Hats off to UPS for how well this worker has been treated. -Rocky

outamyway

I hope they don't call that an avoidable accident.

Great article. Yea, the part about the socks is funny. Glad he's alright. To bad we can't say the same for others.

clockrider

brown did nothing 4 me
i was told he was a brown driver, not Freight. He did have on Brown Shorts. Don't the Freight guys wear grey & brown? Amazing how he was so worried about helping out the others who were injured or missing.

Also, in our building, we hired feeder drivers off the street because we had so many guys retire and the package guys didn't want to go to feeders.:confused:1

dirty moose

“Bill’s been with UPS less than a year, so it’s just amazing to me that they are going so out of their way to help him,” Milliron said. “I just can’t believe how many executives have visited him, and given him their personal cell phone numbers and telling them to call them day or night if he needs anything.”

could there be truth to this?

A

Anonymous Gearjammer

He does work for UPS Freight now, before which I have been told by other feeder drivers he worked as a seasonal feeder driver out of the St. Paul Hub (Eagan, MN).