MIP guess?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Actually, no... They didn't say that.

I finally found that original presentation. It said that the average MIP was 1.6 (over the life of the plan). Average in last 20 years was 1.8.

Now, Hoax point out that they use 2.0 as a salary example when hiring someone and 2.0 is also used in the impact of a raise sheets.

That is certainly inappropriate.

I always changed the MIP to 1.0 on the Salary Review and reviewed it verbally.
I always fall back to George Lamb's statement that he had never been forced to do anything dishonest in his career with UPS.

It is very common for companies to use the Plan "target" to illustrate incentive plan potential when making job offers or communicating to employees.

And one wonders why employees don't trust companies.
Sounds like the plan is 1.6 anyway ... the goal may be 2.0.

beentheredonethat

it's actually 70% of the MIP goal which under the old format would be 70% x 2.0 -- 1.4 is what it would be under the old MIP factoring system.

COH_IE.. under the prior format they "called it" a 1.4.. However, under the old formula, it would have been 15% of pretax profits/(2*sum(monthly salary of all mgrs and above))+sum(monthly salary of all supvs)). I don't know what the denominator is now. But I'm guessing the old formula would have given us closer to a 3.6 instead of a 1.4.

Gotta feel the love from Scott and company... I think he just earned himself another bonus.

ppHATE

This new MIP process is a joke. We just declared record earnings for the 2nd year in a row yet we get crappy MIP factors because we didn't "make the MIP elements". If the goal of a business is to make money then what other elements can possibly supercede that?
Furthermore, if leadership can't even convince management they're getting a fair deal, how do we expect the teamsters to believe anything they say?

curiousbrain

This new MIP process is a joke. We just declared record earnings for the 2nd year in a row yet we get crappy MIP factors because we didn't "make the MIP elements". If the goal of a business is to make money then what other elements can possibly supercede that?
Furthermore, if leadership can't even convince management they're getting a fair deal, how do we expect the teamsters to believe anything they say?

You don't.

COH_IE

However, under the old formula, it would have been 15% of pretax profits/(2*sum(monthly salary of all mgrs and above))+sum(monthly salary of all supvs)). I don't know what the denominator is now. But I'm guessing the old formula would have given us closer to a 3.6 instead of a 1.4.
i was more referring to the past few years where the MIP factor was a decimal, not a percentage.

but the street doesn't like profit sharing with the rank and file (teamsters included). they want profit sharing with shareholders. and this management committee has one goal: outperform the street's expectation.

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
While FT management is upset about how their chunk of money is being calculated.....PT sups are still looking under stairwells, behind the snack machine, under totes, and in file cabinets for their gain sharing checks that used to show up each quarter.

I liked how they just.......stopped.

TxRoadDawg

You only got the first part of a two part screwing...wait till they review your "payraise".
Is that the time when you TRY to keep a straight face while telling a part timer 30 cents is great :funny: Wonder if center manager's could be issued jars of vaseline to hand out at the start of the review based on the size of the raise, smaller the raise, larger the jar on the desk. Would save a lot of explaining LOL

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is that the time when you TRY to keep a straight face while telling a part timer 30 cents is great :funny: Wonder if center manager's could be issued jars of vaseline to hand out at the start of the review based on the size of the raise, smaller the raise, larger the jar on the desk. Would save a lot of explaining LOL

The best approach is honesty.
I never felt I had to keep a straight face.
I usually said something like this, "I wish you were getting more but this is your raise."
If you try and make something more than it is, you lose credibility.
I never felt I was pushed to do or say anything dishonest or anything that affected my integrity.

There are some dinosaurs who still perceive UPS the way it was 20 years ago and they say things that apparently no longer reflect the new reality.
When they talk about the partnership and see the pot of gold at the end of the career rainbow, it is done with true belief.

curiousbrain

That would be more efficient; you walk in, the center manager simply points at the jar and says "That's how big the jar is this year."; then, you walk out.

Someone get IE on this - I've spotted some efficiency, we must immediately exploit it.

TxRoadDawg

That would be more efficient; you walk in, the center manager simply points at the jar and says "That's how big the jar is this year."; then, you walk out.

Someone get IE on this - I've spotted some efficiency, we must immediately exploit it.
LMAO beware of using that efficiency word. most management translate higher job efficiency into more BS reports and other slugs work they can dump off on you to do

TxRoadDawg

The best approach is honesty.
I never felt I had to keep a straight face.
I usually said something like this, "I wish you were getting more but this is your raise."
If you try and make something more than it is, you lose credibility.
I never felt I was pushed to do or say anything dishonest or anything that affected my integrity.

There are some dinosaurs who still perceive UPS the way it was 20 years ago and they say things that apparently no longer reflect the new reality.
When they talk about the partnership and see the pot of gold at the end of the career rainbow, it is done with true belief.
used to work for a 35 yr man who after congratulating me on going pt time sup smiled and said he would ask me again in 3 months how I felt. I shoulda known then he had seen the handwriting on the wall and this 'new' ups would never be the same as the majority of years he worked for the company. least he was honest about it.

longupser

Pretty good guess. Salary committee threw us a bone a 70%. Even they know how bogus this is with RECORS PROFITS !!! How do they sleep at. Must be peoplewithouts souls picked for those positions.