Missed my second day of work in the warehouse. Will I be fired?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I have no excuse. I simply didn't feel like going in and was thinking about quitting after the first day. I've since realized I made a dumb mistake and want to go back. I don't even know who my supervisor is. Did I blow it? Any advice?
No, volume is down, you’re fine.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I don't have any delusions about going places. I took the job because I wanted a physically active job.

It's a Supply Chain Solutions warehouse. Not package handling.

It's an entry level, $14.50/hr job. That's pretty easy pay to come by. It's really not that special. I didn't realize I would be told I would have to work several additional hours every day when they hired me. Those few extra hours :censored2: up my day and interfere with my other job.

Also, the employees are insufferable and snide.
found out you had to actually work?

JohnQSmith

You're a negative group of people. You've all helped reaffirm my initial feeling about working for UPS. Thank you. I'd rather eat :censored2: than become the kind of corporate whore who spends my off time on the company message board, lambasting and disparaging people, broadcasting my bitterness and egocentricity to people I don't know, as if working for UPS is some kind of grand achievement to be proud of. It's not and you are a pathetic group of halfwits. It's entry-level work. Anyone can do it. I never claimed to be a perfect person--far from it. But I have no need to sell myself short for nickels on the dime. Thankfully, there are some people gullible enough to do it. I was simply looking for advice. Indirectly, in the form of petty insults, stupid presumptions, and dumb jokes, you gave it to me and foretold my miserable future had I decided to stay with the company. Thanks. You've made this easy.

You're a negative group of people. You've all helped reaffirm my initial feeling about working for UPS. Thank you. I'd rather eat :censored2: than become the kind of corporate whore who spends my off time on the company message board, lambasting and disparaging people, broadcasting my bitterness and egocentricity to people I don't know, as if working for UPS is some kind of grand achievement to be proud of. It's not and you are a pathetic group of halfwits. It's entry-level work. Anyone can do it. I never claimed to be a perfect person--far from it. But I have no need to sell myself short for nickels on the dime. Thankfully, there are some people gullible enough to do it. I was simply looking for advice. Indirectly, in the form of petty insults, stupid presumptions, and dumb jokes, you gave it to me and foretold my miserable future had I decided to stay with the company. Thanks. You've made this easy.
Hld9vKjLk3irC.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Apparently not anybody can do it if you just started and called off two days. Why are you coming on a ups board asking questions when you are already planning on quitting. It is ok you cant do the job, it is fine a lot of people cant

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

3DB3ED07-2DE1-47AD-8EDB-492AB8EF094E.gif

Don’t let the door hit ya
Wear the good lord split ya

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
UPS doesn’t need anymore lazy whiners who show up whenever the hell they feel like it. You came to the wrong place if you were looking for a place that gives out free hugs to someone with zero work ethic. Half the people on this site have eaten :censored2: and damaged their bodies for decades for this company to get where they are and they still show up like clockwork. You are out of your element, men work here.

AwashBwashCwash

Posted at 4:23 AM....right after he called off.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
UPS doesn’t need anymore lazy whiners who show up whenever the hell they feel like it. You came to the wrong place if you were looking for a place that gives out free hugs to someone with zero work ethic. Half the people on this site have eaten :censored2: and damaged their bodies for decades for this company to get where they are and they still show up like clockwork. You are out of your element, men work here.
You won't give me a free hug?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
This is one of the best posts ever.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Agree 100%.

It's scary that this guy and people like him may be the future of our country.