missing Iphone6

Ms.PacMan

It sounds as though he thought that you should be able to scan a missing pkg :confused2: like you scan a misload for a DIAD communication.

Just so you're clear though - not found only removes the pkg. from EDD, it doesn't notify the center that you are missing a pkg. You have to send them a message manually in your communication screen.

barnyard

KTM rider
Just so you're clear though - not found only removes the pkg. from EDD, it doesn't notify the center that you are missing a pkg. You have to send them a message manually in your communication screen.

Until about a year ago, I thought doing the 'not found' did notify the center that I did not have it. Since finding out, if I cannot find a package, I will call it in, let them know the HIN so they can send a message to the cars on either side of where mine was parked (likely places for a misload.)

AKCoverMan

Until about a year ago, I thought doing the 'not found' did notify the center that I did not have it. Since finding out, if I cannot find a package, I will call it in, let them know the HIN so they can send a message to the cars on either side of where mine was parked (likely places for a misload.)
I always do this via DIAD text message to protect myself from the scenario in the OP. I never use the NtFnd soft key as I want to see package disappear if/when someone else finds it.

barnyard

KTM rider
We have several routes that are not delivered anywhere close to EDD order. Leaving an unfound package on the list has caused temporary panic when I scroll through, see it and think, "crap, that's 10 miles of backtracking for that."

If I am doing the route in EDD order, I will leave it, just to see if someone will find and report it. Misload messages are not very common in my center.

jaker

trolling
So the pkg was scan at 815 and most of us don't leave the hub until 845 , I guess that's not enough time for someone else to steal it so they try to blame the driver

What's funny about this is on my old route there was a AT&T store opening and 30+ plus iPhones where stolen and not once did they ask me

BrownChoice

You are wrong in that ups womt find out who stole it, if in fact it were stolen. Apple can trace those suckers so fast, as soon as whomever it is that turns it on, it doesnt even need to be activated to trace.

Doesnt matter, ups will blame whoever is most convenient for them. If i ever were accused of doing such a stupid thing, id show them my bank acount with over 40 grand in it and ask them WHY?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Stolen phones will be bricked out and unusable by anyone that tries to activate it ever since IOS 7. The phone is essentially wiped out and unusable even after a full factory restore, only the tracking remains active if connected to cellular or wifi.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Stolen phones will be bricked out and unusable by anyone that tries to activate it ever since IOS 7. The phone is essentially wiped out and unusable even after a full factory restore, only the tracking remains active if connected to cellular or wifi.
Only for those who don't know what they are doing. Why do you think iPhones get stolen?

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Only for those who don't know what they are doing. Why do you think iPhones get stolen?
Because they are stolen by people who don't know what they are doing. Stealing in the first place isn't smart, so look who you're dealing with.

Feel free to read that article posted just a couple weeks ago. Apple may be lagging behind in innovation, but the "kill switch" option has been in effect for over a year. California is simply trying to make a law to mandate all cell phones have it.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...-california-ctia-editorials-debates/15257119/

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
[quote="Siveriano, post: 1411890, member: 548222]oh ok cool. i though this my get me disqualify. but like i said every time i sort my truck i count my stops and pkg and report any missing ones
LP,loves to shake people down. they get off on It.[/quote]
Few years ago...I go into work....and sitting on the 8000 shelf of one of my empty trucks was this random gold chain....it was such an obvious plant....I mean really?? lol I call over my PT sup...and he's like well what so you want me to do about it? Someone needs to get that out of there if you want me to load that truck....I'm treating like a hazmat!! Better luck next time LP.