mngmt stealing our time

canon

What is article 17? I guess I could look, but its easier to ask....

ARTICLE 17. PAID-FOR TIME
[Back to top]

All employees covered by this Agreement shall be paid for all time spent in service of the Employer. Rates of pay provided for by this Agreement shall be minimums. Time shall be computed from the time that the employee is ordered to report for work and registers in and until the employee is effectively released from duty. All time lost due to delays as a result of overloads or certificate violations involving federal, state or city regulations, which occur through no fault of the driver, shall be paid for by the Employer. The Employer will not allow employees to work prior to their start time without appropriate compensation.

Wages for properly selected vacations, in all instances, will be paid to the employees no later than the workday prior to their vacation. If the employee does not receive his/her vacation check, the Employer will make all reasonable efforts to provide the check the following day including delivery by Saturday or Next Day Air. Other shortages involving more than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees, and fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time employees, will be corrected and the payment will be made available to the employee at his/her reporting location on his/her second scheduled workday after reporting the shortage. If the Employer fails to make the payment available on the employee's second scheduled workday and the shortage was the result of the Employer's error, the employee will be paid an additional amount equal to one- half (1/2) of his/her daily guarantee at his/her regular hourly rate for every full pay period in which the shortage is not paid after the second (2nd) scheduled work day, until corrected.

Errors of less than thirty dollars ($30.00) for full-time employees or fifteen dollars ($15.00) for part-time employees and overages will be corrected in the following weekly paycheck.

All green checks will be taxed at the employee's regular withholding tax rate.

Paycheck stubs will show the year-to-date vacation, sick and personal leave balances.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Thanks Cannon, but if it was that long you should have just told me, to go look my ownself. I knew it sounded familiar. I had to use it to get my vaca pay twice last yr. Not now with my new center manager, he gets it done. He does his job. Anyways thanks!

canon

Thanks Cannon, but if it was that long you should have just told me, to go look my ownself. I knew it sounded familiar. I had to use it to get my vaca pay twice last yr. Not now with my new center manager, he gets it done. He does his job. Anyways thanks!

Copy and paste... have it bookmarked. No biggie. :thumbup1:

Folks, as we all know, there is a lot of pressure on our sups to make their numbers and as human beings we all make mistakes. If this is the guys first bonehead screwup he should be made aware by the steward in the presence of the center manager that this will not be tollerated. Keep it in the center this time. Pay the driver his lunch plus one article 17 and make it a learning experience. Doing it like this makes the driver whole and lets the young sup live another day.
Canoworms is correct, the sups career is in your hands. Take it where you feeel it needs to go.....but only after you thought it over carefully....if it got to my office, the sup may go out for an integrity violation.....discuss it with the center manager and maybe the dm...it might be an oversight or lack of understanding.

over9five

Staff member
Why is the sups career in the drivers hands? Shouldn't UPS take care of it exactly how they say they will in the UPS policy book? Does the Code of Business Conduct mean nothing now?

Management should be setting the higher standard. They should lead by example.

I see this as one bad apple. Get rid of it per the policy book:

"when we do discover a dishonest person in our
organization, we deal with that individual quickly and firmly."

browniehound

Folks, as we all know, there is a lot of pressure on our sups to make their numbers and as human beings we all make mistakes. If this is the guys first bonehead screwup he should be made aware by the steward in the presence of the center manager that this will not be tollerated. Keep it in the center this time. Pay the driver his lunch plus one article 17 and make it a learning experience. Doing it like this makes the driver whole and lets the young sup live another day.

I agree with can of worms here. Everyone friend-ups in their life at one time or another. As long as the driver is made whole, I don't see the need to punish this Sup. with unemployment. If its an ongoing issue I would say fire him, but if it was a 1-time occurence and I was paid my hour I wouldn't push it any further.