Moderator staff changes and upcoming website changes.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I guess we all know where my mind was when I read bbsam's post.

Hoke, I apologize if I offended you. Dave.

It was all done in a joking context from me starting it and bbsam and others replying.

Certainly no offence taken by me ... BTW, my wife should have been an English teacher.
She wouldn't accept any ebonics from bbsam.
​Sorry to say it is not the same for the Gumby suit.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Some people don't watch it because of the "animated format" .....they wouldn't watch it if it was good and wholesome either. It's the animation that turns them off .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since bbsam, upstate and one trick pony are referring to my post and my wife.

I did not see anything racial in the term ebonics.

Secondly, I used the term conjugating which is grammatical and language term to which ebonics is a complementary and witty reply.

Thirdly, I used conjugating as an obvious (to most) quasi-homonym to consummating or copulating.

The complaints, in my opinion, are disingenuous and are simply a reaction towards a presumed authority figure.

So spank 'em !

Your opinion, as usual, is not shared by the moderators.
We simply laugh at 90% plus of your reported "TOS violations".
In most cases it is observed that many of your posts are more egregious than the posts you report.

This is a disingenuous "report" and the fact is that all 14 moderator replies to your report of the "ebonics" post do not support this specious accusation.
Wow you put me in my place. What a jerk I am. You showed me. Keep posting or okaying raciest comments and ill just shut up about it. You win. I wouldn't want to offend all the white moderators just because some African American could be offended. I'm a dumb northerner. Do what you like Hoak. I won't ever speak up for African Americans on your forum. Ill do it at ups but not here. Sorry. Raciest comments or ones I think are a sore subject. I guess I'm behind the times here. Carry on.

Oh yea I won't report another post on this forum ever again. Sorry for this. Have a good day in the confederacy. I again am sorry for ever reporting anything and will never ask you again. Be good friend.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Oh yea I won't report another post on this forum ever again. Sorry for this. Have a good day in the confederacy. I again am sorry for ever reporting anything and will never ask you again. Be good friend.

There goes 50% of our work load! :wink2:
And as far as I can remember, you rarely report "raciest" <sic> posts but 90% of the time report someone as a troll simply because they disagree with you.

Perhaps you actually consider the term ebonics as racist ... if so, perhaps you should read up on it.

If anyone wants to learn more about ebomics, a linguistic designation that has been in place and used by scholars for 40 years, please see here:

http://www.linguisticsociety.org/content/what-ebonics-african-american-english

Google and read the more scholarly discussions.