Monday start time changing

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They bumped back FO start time as well. Used to be 615 am. Now it's 640. By the time I punch in, stretch and flex( which is getting coffee and going #1 for me) and searching for a vehicle that's 1/2 mile away from the FO area, it's already 7 am. God forbid the truck needs oil, which usually they do. That's some genius planning.

If your start time is 640 why are you not ready to go until 700?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

There's a job waiting for you in FedEx management. The 5 minutes of Code 48 (Stretch and Flex) is required. If you happen to be injured and you don't have a Code 48 on your timecard, it's automatically preventable. Next, it's time to play "Hunt For A Truck". Typically, the FO drivers get the crap extra vehicles that won't be parked on the belt for the sort. The truck could be buried behind other vehicles and pinned-in, or you might have to search for keys. Not on the key board? Time to find a manager or someone else with access to the "spare keys", which may or may not exist. If not, the process begins anew. Once you finally locate a vehicle, it requires a pre-trip. If it needs oil or water those are typically in the mechanic bay, which may or may not be locked. The oil outside is seldom replenished, so you usually just to start hunting until you find some. When you finally get a vehicle, then you can start scanning FO and planning your route.

You would love it here.

newgirl

Interesting. Our district has cut our pre/post trip allotted times. I wonder if it is just our region? Nickels and dimes. Sheeesh.

Guapo

Interesting. Our district has cut our pre/post trip allotted times. I wonder if it is just our region? Nickels and dimes. Sheeesh.

Our 56 went from 5 to 4 to 3...and they want to know why when you go over. However 2 friends at 2 different locations say they're still at 5 minutes, got to love the continuity at this company. like you say nickel and dimes.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our start time is 0900 on Mondays, 0930 the rest of the week. We are expected to arrive at work with enough time to be ready to go at 0900. Our pkg cars are all lined up and ready to go. The PCM lasts anywhere from 30 seconds to 10 minutes. Pretrip is about 2 minutes. If my pkg car is closed out I am usually on the road by 0905.

We have a new center manager in our center. He was giving the PCM when a driver strolled in at 0932----the look on the center manager's face was priceless. By the time the driver grabbed what he needed for the day it was 0940. He still had to download EDD and figure out what he had for NDA. He left around 0945 and then drove directly to the gas station to start his 10 minute break so he didn't start actually working until 1000.

newgirl

4 and 2.

​We aren't allowed to put oil in our trucks-or any other fluids. And the mechanic starts later than the PM crew so of there is a truck problem they have to leave the truck.

Mr. 7

The monkey on the left.
The 5 minutes of Code 48 (Stretch and Flex) is required. If you happen to be injured and you don't have a Code 48 on your timecard, it's automatically preventable.

I was on vacation recently and when I got back I found out that we don't do an AM meeting with stretch and flex. We go from clock in to +5 mins. into 40 to +5 mins. into 30. I don't code a 48 b'c we're not doing it anymore.

I asked a S.C.I.T. dude about it and I say that if one of us gets injured and we didn't have a 48 coded b'c they discontinued them, it'd be on them. Am I thinking right?

caravan42

hello, because after clock In followed by a 5 min stretch and flex, the FO group is still organizing them into their proper cities. By the time we find a truck and the stops are divided up and we have our stops, it's 7 easy. Happens every morning.

caravan42

There's a job waiting for you in FedEx management. The 5 minutes of Code 48 (Stretch and Flex) is required. If you happen to be injured and you don't have a Code 48 on your timecard, it's automatically preventable. Next, it's time to play "Hunt For A Truck". Typically, the FO drivers get the crap extra vehicles that won't be parked on the belt for the sort. The truck could be buried behind other vehicles and pinned-in, or you might have to search for keys. Not on the key board? Time to find a manager or someone else with access to the "spare keys", which may or may not exist. If not, the process begins anew. Once you finally locate a vehicle, it requires a pre-trip. If it needs oil or water those are typically in the mechanic bay, which may or may not be locked. The oil outside is seldom replenished, so you usually just to start hunting until you find some. When you finally get a vehicle, then you can start scanning FO and planning your route.

You would love it here.
You absolutely nailed it!

caravan42

Cut them to what? Ours is 5 pretrip, 2 post trip.
And now if a vehicle breaks down, management will review the cameras to verify that you did in fact pre trip. No pre trip= letter. I am concerned about the location where I have to preform some of my pre trips. After hunting for a truck for 10 mins, that truck is in the farthest corner outside crammed between to semi trailers where no camera will be able to see me. This may sound paranoid or even absurd , but these are the things we all know to well that can and will happen.

overflowed

And now if a vehicle breaks down, management will review the cameras to verify that you did in fact pre trip. No pre trip= letter. I am concerned about the location where I have to preform some of my pre trips. After hunting for a truck for 10 mins, that truck is in the farthest corner outside crammed between to semi trailers where no camera will be able to see me. This may sound paranoid or even absurd , but these are the things we all know to well that can and will happen.
Your cameras work at the station? Are you sure?