Monday

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Sooo, how bad is Monday gonna be? When I parked my truck yesterday (day after thanksgiving) every bay had a truck in it and we had a bunch of rental trucks that weren't there the day before. There were boxes stacked high all over the place where we normally don't put/store boxes.

Normally in our center it's Tuesday that is the high volume day, but we are having a sunday sort this weekend and of course all the volume from the crazy shoppers I'm thinking Monday is gonna be nasty.

upschuck

I don't think it'll be too bad. The best thing about it is you will only have a couple air packages, so be able to start trace. I wish all peak days would be like that.

dqs95124

It's bad, we already have a back wall of pkgs that could not be del. I'm not ready for 14hr days. I hate doing 12..

Marne Vet

How bad will it be on Monday? I'll be balls deep in packages. Hopefully I'll get a helper that isn't fat and slow, or one that smells like ass. Hopefully they'll be able to hold a decent conversation too, because I've had some that were dumber than rocks in the past. All I know is the next 17 days will suck balls.

How bad will it be on Monday? I'll be balls deep in packages. Hopefully I'll get a helper that isn't fat and slow, or one that smells like ass. Hopefully they'll be able to hold a decent conversation too, because I've had some that were dumber than rocks in the past. All I know is the next 17 days will suck balls.
Tell us how you really feel!....lol

over9five

Staff member
P.S., Monday will be heavy, at least based on the Chema yard. LOTS of trailers for the Sunday sort.
It's been much worse tho, so wait for it- it's still coming!

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
I can't believe the amount of rental trucks we have. Package car size, 24' & tractors. Easily 2-3x more than years past. It's going to be the busiest peak in a long time.

laffter

The start time for preload loaders this past week was 3:20am. Monday start time is 2:20. In the two years I've been here, we never started that early so early into the season. Yesterday I got a phone call from the lady that handles driver helpers. She was asking if I planned on helping that day, as they're trying to get all of their "ducks in a row" (her words). I help on one of the routes I load and will be doing so for the rest of the season, but I presume she wasn't aware of that. The fact that anybody is actually trying to plan ahead (very rare) for this day tells me that it's going to be be pretty heavy.

The start time for preload loaders this past week was 3:20am. Monday start time is 2:20. In the two years I've been here, we never started that early so early into the season. Yesterday I got a phone call from the lady that handles driver helpers. She was asking if I planned on helping that day, as they're trying to get all of their "ducks in a row" (her words). I help on one of the routes I load and will be doing so for the rest of the season, but I presume she wasn't aware of that. The fact that anybody is actually trying to plan ahead (very rare) for this day tells me that it's going to be be pretty heavy.
Is she hot??????

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
photo (1)p800.jpg

Unfortunately, my package car won't look like it did yesterday....

Marne Vet

So depending on your age you will either have packages up to your waist or just below your knees.

BTW, if you PM Cheryl, she will be more than happy to add the "I" to your user name.
I'm not a former Marine. "Marne" stands for the Marne Division, aka the 3rd Infantry Division that I served with for my first Active Duty tour. The Division's moto is "The Rock of the Marne". ;)