Saturday preload for Monday loads

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Ups_pr3l0ad3r, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Ups_pr3l0ad3r

Ups_pr3l0ad3r New Member

My building has moved everyone to Tuesday-Saturday schedules and I'm now loading on Saturday and the trucks I load just wait there loaded till Monday. They have a super small crew (8 people for the whole building) that handles the air that comes in on Monday and throws it behind the cars for the drivers. I was told by our Union rep that 200 some buildings in the country are starting to do this in 2020. Anyone else start doing this? Previously we have been doing Saturday delivery, but had Tuesday-Saturday people handling the cars that went out on Saturdays. Now they've switched everyone over to t-s shifts. All I can say is I'm in no rush to get my trucks loaded on a Saturday, as I have literally all day, as the trucks don't move till Monday @ 9. Just wondering how it's working for other buildings, as Saturdays are a mess with call offs.

2. Maple Grove MN Driver

Maple Grove MN Driver Cocaine Mang!

That's BS
    I just would show up on Saturday

3. specter208

specter208 Active Member

We deliver M-ST here. We have a M-F crew and then all new hires and low seniority are T-S. We have about 20 Saturday routes and the Monday cars are partially loaded on Saturday and then M-F crew finishes the rest on Monday.

4. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

So you guys load ALL of Monday ground volume on Saturday now??

How many trucks go out Saturday? How many go out Monday?

5. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

That’s what we’ve done here since Saturday ground was implemented. The load quality on Monday is non existent as the Saturday loaders rifle everything in wherever they want, they won’t be there Monday to here about it. It sucks.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  6. I have been lurking

I have been lurking Masked and ready

There's only 6 people with enough senority for M-F and only 3 know how to preload. Dunno what they'll do

7. Yolo

Yolo Active Member

Yeah. All the loads are pretty :censored2: on Mondays.

8. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

We start next month loading everything on Saturday. Right now we load the Saturday ground and partially load the rest of the cars. Sounds like a real money maker running misloads on Monday.

9. Hot Carl

Hot Carl Member

We do it that way too. Typically, anyone who loaded trucks that didn't go out on Saturday and comes in on Monday is put on the same trucks so they can finish what they started. But yeah, it's not uncommon at all to come in to a destroyed truck on Monday.

10. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Well-Known Member

Here they unload everything only load what is delivered on Saturday they rest is loaded back into trailers to be unloaded again on Monday

11. Ups_pr3l0ad3r

Ups_pr3l0ad3r New Member

Yes... All ground loaded Saturday. I'm not sure on the truck counts, but if I had to guess 30 maybe go out Saturday, and another 35 or 40 are now getting loaded Saturday to go out Monday. Prior to this Monday loads didn't get touched at all on Saturday, and we'd come into a mess on Monday to clean up and get loaded up. I preferred that to working Saturday, but when I don't have a choice ☹️

12. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

it is the same everywhere, except when 5 loads show up on monday mysterious because they did not come in on saturday. Then they call people in for ot

13. Advancing work

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  14. Jkloc420

Jkloc420 Well-Known Member

pretty much

15. Absolutely

16. Poop Head

Poop Head Lovin' every minute of it!

Run 1 route per loop Monday. Then crush everyone tuesday. Makes perfect sense!

17. eats packages

eats packages I have depth perception issues

We stopped doing a version of this last here. Hope not, it was a disaster and a half.

18. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Could you be more specific? What was the disaster?

19. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

We are all off Saturday's. so sorry, no info to give you.