Monday

Marne Vet

What a ridiculous day. Pulled off my trip to run a split with 260/385 all crammed in an 800, and it looked like Ray Charles was the loader. Only 11 misloads, but the truck was a mess front to back. Oh, and then there's the helper I got. Guy in his 30's that moved like he was walking a tight-rope. Hustle? Ha, right. Almost every time I sent him to a door he either passed it, or stood there waiting for someone to answer. I had to keep yelling at him to just drop it and go. Wouldn't leave the damn door open even though the temp was around 50 degrees, and kept having a hard time opening the door as soon as we stopped. The next 16 days are gonna drag on and on if I'm stuck on that split (pending my grievance) with a helper that wasn't helping more than he was hindering. Hope everyone elses day went a lot better.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
What a ridiculous day. Pulled off my trip to run a split with 260/385 all crammed in an 800, and it looked like Ray Charles was the loader. Only 11 misloads, but the truck was a mess front to back. Oh, and then there's the helper I got. Guy in his 30's that moved like he was walking a tight-rope. Hustle? Ha, right. Almost every time I sent him to a door he either passed it, or stood there waiting for someone to answer. I had to keep yelling at him to just drop it and go. Wouldn't leave the damn door open even though the temp was around 50 degrees, and kept having a hard time opening the door as soon as we stopped. The next 16 days are gonna drag on and on if I'm stuck on that split (pending my grievance) with a helper that wasn't helping more than he was hindering. Hope everyone elses day went a lot better.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Easy day for me, the extra split route was put in next to mine. I had 151 stops compared to my full route with 212 last Wednesday. I didn't want to take a Helper, I can do 150 stops by myself in eight hours. I was forced to take a Helper, Number 7 this year turns out to be a keeper. He lives on my area and is a half mile from my golf cart route dump stop. He hustled his tail off and could work both DIADs. Golf Cart route got its third Helper so far this year, that makes ten different Helpers on my area so far this Peak. Storage Box for the golf cart got tagged by local gang over the weekend. We were allowed to take Code 05 today, that never happens in my Center, I only got eight hours. I don't know how bad tomorrow will be, but we were told to expect that crap will hit the fan Wednesday.

iowa boy

And yet here where I'm at we are starting at 9:00. But we were told that our Monday volume will be light.....who hasn't heard that before.
We did end up starting at 9 today, but ended up leaving the building at 9:45 due to being so "light". and our preload actually started at 3:45 today.

upschuck

Those new package cars are awful, the ones that look like a cross between the sprinters, and a 700. The lower shelves are at my knees, which make the area under them pretty useless for putting bigger boxes under them. What were they thinking?

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Finished loading my package car and noticed I was missing 8 Next Day airs. Called the center to report the parcels "not found". Was told that the send agains from Friday were never processed with the sort and that an air shuttle would bring them out to everyone.
Shuttle met me at 510pm with my overnights. Put on an extra 30 miles making attempts. Got rid of 2 stops with the rest missed as closed.
Surprised this company can make money sometimes.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
Columbia sucked the big one. The hub was total gridlock, with up to 45 feeders waiting to come into the hub at one time. It took an hour to circle the building once. I was there 2:47 just to break a set down, then build a set. Had 92 minutes of idle time. The night sort didn't get the trailers off the twilight sort til almost 1am. I hope that somebody takes charge and fixes the mess, or it will be a long long peak.:censored2:

over9five

Staff member
Columbia sucked the big one. The hub was total gridlock, with up to 45 feeders waiting to come into the hub at one time. It took an hour to circle the building once. I was there 2:47 just to break a set down, then build a set. Had 92 minutes of idle time. The night sort didn't get the trailers off the twilight sort til almost 1am. I hope that somebody takes charge and fixes the mess, or it will be a long long peak.:censored2:

Took me almost an hour and a half to get off property with my first trailer. Get this........AN EMPTY! They kept giving me numbers that weren't there. WTF is going on?

ocnewguy

3pm-130am monday and 3pm-2am on the twilight sort monday and tuesday, and only 2am because the preload had to start. not to mention in almost 12 hours there were still full trailers sitting on the yard that couldn't be unloaded and sorted so they carry over to the next day.

what i can't figure out is why we keep taking trailers destined for other hubs if we can't handle the volume we already have..

Nimnim

The Nim
My buildings twi sort have been starting at 5:00 PM all week. Finish around 10:00 PM. 55,000 volume.

Hearing these kinda numbers really makes me realize how small some other facilities are, the past 2 days on my midnight shift we ran 180k+ in 5 hours with the twilight starting at like 3 pm and pulling similar numbers.

It's a welcome surprise to get OT without any effort and there's pters pulling 12 hour days so far without doing anything other than showing up and not leaving before being kicked out.

MaceFremonti

Today is definitely worse than Monday....had to nap for two hours in my tractor today....only slept for about 45 minutes on Monday.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sent using BrownCafe App