More 22.3's? Yeah SUUURE

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
I always find it amusing that a bunch of warehouse workers and truck drivers give such high regard to spelling and punctuation. :funny:

Fullhouse

They are 22.3 jobs. That's for sure

Hold on there for one minute. From what I understand those jobs have not been identified as of yet. I think you are rushing to assumptions here. Let's say they they do create 2000 union jobs. Well here is a little known fact, those employee's at Central States are union. There is no way Central States is going to be able to handle an additional 140,000 participants and their families with out hire significantly more employees. With the service we get now, leads one to believe that they are severely under staff as it is. We shall see!

DOK

Again, 2,000 new fulltime jobs for the whole country over a 5 year period is laughable. Not sure why the ibt would even mention it at this point, it's a win for the company, embarrassing. Not that anyone "wins" in negotiations, it's a give and take, this was definitely a give.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Again, 2,000 new fulltime jobs for the whole country over a 5 year period is laughable. Not sure why the ibt would even mention it at this point, it's a win for the company, embarrassing. Not that anyone "wins" in negotiations, it's a give and take, this was definitely a give.

It's 2000 more than you have now ... if nothing else, it is protection for the existing friend/T which was not in the last contract.
At one point, I recall that the number of friend/T driver positions was down 12,000.
This seems like a definite win by the Union and a risky concession by UPS.

bbsam

Staff member
I have to ask. If a full time driver retires, can they "fill" the position with a 22.3 position, shift some freight if necessary and call it a new position?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I have to ask. If a full time driver retires, can they "fill" the position with a 22.3 position, shift some freight if necessary and call it a new position?

Post a copy of your current dues receipt.... And I will tell you.

Oh wait... you don't work for UPS. You're that scab from FredEx.

-Bug-

bbsam

Staff member

-Bug-
Seems I keep coming up with questions that you don't know the answer to. Are you beginning to doubt hall? Maybe you should. You're welcome.

Catatonic

Nine Lives

-Bug-

He's just trying to decide if he wants to buy a few UPS Ground routes.

PS - You and other Teamster members use the word "scab" so frequently and in such varying situations that it has become meaningless and has lost it's sting. You might as well say "bitch" you silly beyotch. :wink2:

bbsam

Staff member
Hoke, I'm not picky. I'll take the answer from you. I remember hearing there are alot of full time drivers looking to exit soon. Maybe 2000 is low for the 22.3 positions. Or there are still a bunch not filled, aren't there? Maybe this is UPS' way to get members to vote "yes" on a "two tiered system".

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Hoke, I'm not picky. I'll take the answer from you. I remember hearing there are alot of full time drivers looking to exit soon. Maybe 2000 is low for the 22.3 positions. Or there are still a bunch not filled, aren't there? Maybe this is UPS' way to get members to vote "yes" on a "two tiered system".

A two tiered system is already in place..

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

No. Article 22.3 jobs are only allowed to deliver air. Once they touch ground they get top scale driver pay.

Also I believe if they were to deliver ground 30 out of 90 days the company has to offer them a full time driver position. If they turn it down it then gets bid. That's how I understand it at least.