More bad press from...of course GROUND

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We're caught up in my area.

Only had a few FXE drivers for a week.

Then a dozen or so new FXG drivers in for this corona peak season to handle the capacity.

After juggling 5 bulk routes by 1100, I only took out 45 stops that was left over on my belt line, done by 1700.

Deserved a day off today

bacha29

We're caught up in my area.

Only had a few FXE drivers for a week.

Then a dozen or so new FXG drivers in for this corona peak season to handle the capacity.

After juggling 5 bulk routes by 1100, I only took out 45 stops that was left over on my belt line, done by 1700.

Deserved a day off today
Who's paying the FXE guys Orion? Surely they're not working for contractor pay are they?

bacha29

I definitely get some pleasure watching FedEx reap what they’ve sown.
It's a cheap setup, a poor setup, a vulnerable setup and a setup that as long as it continues to be expected to do way more that what it's very design will allow it to do it is guaranteed to have more numerous and more egregious failures until it finally collapses.

OrioN

Who's paying the FXE guys Orion? Surely they're not working for contractor pay are they?
It was mentioned in another thread... I guess ground corporation paid those express drivers. I only saw them for a week. Then our investor group brought in FXG drivers from other locations to take over

At least in my terminal, we didn't have freight sitting outside the building on pallets... that sounds insane to have them backlogged for that long

bacha29

It was mentioned in another thread... I guess ground corporation paid those express drivers. I only saw them for a week. Then our investor group brought in FXG drivers from other locations to take over

At least in my terminal, we didn't have freight sitting outside the building on pallets... that sounds insane to have them backlogged for that long
Perhaps when word got out that Ground was paying them Express wages which would almost certainly be much higher than what the Ground mules were getting tensions naturally ratcheted up dramatically and so they got them out of there.

OrioN

Yeah I thought some of them were part of the investor group drivers from other locations... Then found out they're really FXE.

Quickly phased out since more of the general public was signing up for FXG driving jobs.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
It's a cheap setup, a poor setup, a vulnerable setup and a setup that as long as it continues to be expected to do way more that what it's very design will allow it to do it is guaranteed to have more numerous and more egregious failures until it finally collapses.
186829DF-F9AD-4474-9B8A-A9A581A522C5.jpeg

It will be fine

Yeah I thought some of them were part of the investor group drivers from other locations... Then found out they're really FXE.

Quickly phased out since more of the general public was signing up for FXG driving jobs.
I was talking to one of our district guys today. He said the Freight drivers were doing great but the areas they tried Express drivers was a failure. He said the Express guys sucked.

bacha29

I was talking to one of our district guys today. He said the Freight drivers were doing great but the areas they tried Express drivers was a failure. He said the Express guys sucked.
I 'm sure the Express guys are not going to lose any sleep over whatever negative opinions Ground operations people have to say about them.

All they have to do is look at what contractors are paying their employees and that says everything .

OrioN

They were receiving hourly pay once they set foot in the terminal.

While I told them we're not getting pay for sorting and preload, some of them got off their cellphones to actually help those poor FXG drivers load the bulk box trucks

OrioN

I'm getting paid as a BC or AO for juggling leftovers from the main drivers now...

but their scam of not paying extra for HD drivers loading their own freight in the mornings is not right at all...

April was one of the worse times as seen in another thread

Who else is screwed?

I rolled into the terminal to find a huge pile of boxes that the original route driver forgot to mention to the managers... so I grab a fresh battery and picked out the perishables and meds to go deliver that night.