More bad press from...of course GROUND

zeev

These Ground drivers I assume are not on Electronic logs than you can assume it goes on all the time with paper logs, by the way what is the insurance on these no future drivers.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Umm, yeah I'm still seeing that happening.

No standard time clock; drivers punch in/out on the scanner, but they also have to waste paper and have that on file for x amount of years

And I remind those that I see still practicing that to be aware of the consequences for you're driving a p700 ~1000 and u get into an accident

Doesn't affect me since I'm in a vehicle under 10,000 lbs. Heck, that 34 hour reset is also a non issue since some of us are 7 days/week.

bacha29

Umm, yeah I'm still seeing that happening.

No standard time clock; drivers punch in/out on the scanner, but they also have to waste paper and have that on file for x amount of years

And I remind those that I see still practicing that to be aware of the consequences for you're driving a p700 ~1000 and u get into an accident

Doesn't affect me since I'm in a vehicle under 10,000 lbs. Heck, that 34 hour reset is also a non issue since some of us are 7 days/week.
Talked to another Ground slave out of my terminal today . SOSO. Slam more stops on that truck then they could ever hope to get done. No additional manpower or vehicles available to take some of the load. So what do they do? Start up their on duty time as late as possible on the scanner . Try to clean and get off the scanner soon enough to avoid an HOS violation and accurately enter the closest final mileage as possible all before you get back to the terminal .

Either that or they get called in for a rectum raking the next day because they brought stops back while their fearful and powerless contractor who has neither the contract language or the economic muscle to do anything just stands there with their thumb in their bodily orifice trying to plug up what's trying to run out and allows terminal management maul the kid despite the fact that without question he put in an honest and productive day completely disproportionate with what he's getting paid.

Of course. BBSAM. IWBF and Dano "company can do no wrong" 59 will label this post as either "funny" or "creative" but offer nothing to dispute or refute it

It will be fine

Talked to another Ground slave out of my terminal today . SOSO. Slam more stops on that truck then they could ever hope to get done. No additional manpower or vehicles available to take some of the load. So what do they do? Start up their on duty time as late as possible on the scanner . Try to clean and get off the scanner soon enough to avoid an HOS violation and accurately enter the closest final mileage as possible all before you get back to the terminal .

Either that or they get called in for a rectum raking the next day because they brought stops back while their fearful and powerless contractor who has neither the contract language or the economic muscle to do anything just stands there with their thumb in their bodily orifice trying to plug up what's trying to run out and allows terminal management maul the kid despite the fact that without question he put in an honest and productive day completely disproportionate with what he's getting paid.

Of course. BBSAM. IWBF and Dano "company can do no wrong" 59 will label this post as either "funny" or "creative" but offer nothing to dispute or refute it
So out in the Jing weeds there are no workers that are willing to do this job and workers that will forge documentation so they can work 14 hrs a day for what you call slave wages. Which part are you lying about?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I don't work for Ground and don't know if they can do no wrong.

That aside, my sentiments are inline with IWBF's. Where are they finding all these peole to work long hours for slave wages when you keep telling us that no one will do it?

OrioN

Eh, I've seen worse integrity issues committed and mentioned here in the past as well...

A few had scanned someone else id and ran with that after logging out of their own id to preserve a 10 hour reset, so they can come in early the next day.

While in reality, there still delivering out there with an alias id.

You subcontractors never saw that practice before???

bacha29

So out in the Jing weeds there are no workers that are willing to do this job and workers that will forge documentation so they can work 14 hrs a day for what you call slave wages. Which part are you lying about?
They work these ridiculous hours because their employers desperate help wanted ads are going unanswered . It's one of those "we didn't know they were doing it" plausible denials similar to the diplomacy used in embarrassing international incidents which has gone on for years at FXG and you know it.

OrioN

I can't search right now, but there was someone who scan someone else's ID to keep driving when he was caught with a dui or something along those lines... smh

It will be fine

They work these ridiculous hours because their employers desperate help wanted ads are going unanswered . It's one of those "we didn't know they were doing it" plausible denials similar to the diplomacy used in embarrassing international incidents which has gone on for years at FXG and you know it.
So, their employer is desperate so they work themselves extra hard for terrible wages? That’s not really how labor works, perhaps you can educate the drivers on basic supply and demand. I guess that might jeopardize your sale income and you couldn’t have that.

bacha29

So, their employer is desperate so they work themselves extra hard for terrible wages? That’s not really how labor works, perhaps you can educate the drivers on basic supply and demand. I guess that might jeopardize your sale income and you couldn’t have that.
Of course it's supply and demand . When you don't have enough SUPPLY you DEMAND more from what you have.

OrioN

Out with FXE drivers coming in the FXG terminal... as someone else noted, we probably had FXE rejects coming in to help.

Instead, I saw a dozen FX Freight drivers with short rear dually box trucks coming in after the main drivers were gone.

The tugs pulled the oversized freight left behind by the main drivers & was divided up among them.

Of course, my subcontractor group didn't use them since we now have enough drivers and rental vehicles to take on the covid peak overflow

bacha29

FedEx is so slammed with online orders that it's reportedly capping shipments from major retailers like Nordstrom and Hobby Lobby You pay a guy $10 an hour with no OT....and they just can't keep up...oh well WE SURRENDER...of course they plaster EXPRESS photo in article
'Will eliminate any negative impacts on the Fedex Ground network" LMFAO! How could it get anymore negative unless they're running out of tarps, pallets, spare trailers , mod docks and ways for people to cheat on HOS and get away with it.