More layoffs

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Sure seems like the Supply Chain division sucks at retaining major accounts.
More plausible, sloppy delivery results cost them accounts.

That’s AT&T, fyi.

Fedexcellent

The phone company. Never heard of it?

That's the account lost. Used to be over half a million packages per week at that location alone.
That's not exactly true. Express is still shipping out AT&T packages as we've been doing for many, many years now out of their normal location and have actually increased their volume by a small amount recently. You are thinking of a different building and operation, although it is next door to the one that is laying off. The actual FedEx Express employees handling the AT&T volume are unaffected.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That's not exactly true. Express is still shipping out AT&T packages and have actually increased their volume by a small amount recently. You are thinking of a different building and operation. The actual FedEx Express employees handling the AT&T volume is unchanged.
Now, now. We can't be having that kind of rational independent thought.

Fedexcellent

I don't like the uncertainty and uneasiness that this all brings to everyone but sometimes this all feels like a game of telephone. Someone gets wind of some news (without all the correct info/details) and then runs with it and spreads the news to others. By the time the 5th person hears it, it's a half-truth at best.

MAKAVELI

I don't like the uncertainty and uneasiness that this all brings to everyone but sometimes this all feels like a game of telephone. Someone gets wind of some news (without all the correct info/details) and then runs with it and spreads the news to others. By the time the 5th person hears it, it's a half-truth at best.
That wouldn't be the case if the company was honest and forthcoming. At least the contractors in Canada know what's coming a year in advance.

FedupExpress

Did it ever go well?

I do have to admit though. My last PEAK (2020) was the easiest.
I would say we didn't even have a peak last year, I suspect this year neither.

It's strange because business is tanking at our station delivery wise but extremely heavy pickup wise.

I would imagine that it hasn't actually slowed down but rather ground could be covertly delivering express🤔

Talked to a CSA at the local FedEx station yesterday. She's pretty worried about potential layoffs. Asked me after I presented my retiree I.D. if I had heard about it. Has 5 more years before retiring. This is definitely something being heard about in small stations away from major metro areas judging by her concern.
What do you mean, worried? She's more than likely going to be out of a job. 95% chance.