More layoffs

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
A FedEx Supply Chain statement Friday said the company currently runs the facility at 115 Willow Springs Lane for a customer that will be transitioning its business to a third-party provider, which is expected to assume operations in October.

vantexan

Talked to a CSA at the local FedEx station yesterday. She's pretty worried about potential layoffs. Asked me after I presented my retiree I.D. if I had heard about it. Has 5 more years before retiring. This is definitely something being heard about in small stations away from major metro areas judging by her concern.

Gone fishin

Here’s how this works , under 3 weeks vacation , get another job. The rest of us ride it out , by that I mean stretch 35 stops into 8 hour. I’m gonna get mines

SmithBarney

Here’s how this works , under 3 weeks vacation , get another job. The rest of us ride it out , by that I mean stretch 35 stops into 8 hour. I’m gonna get mines
Gonna be tough to stretch out, those 1200 commits past 1200... 1630(1700) areas are the only ones who might play that game, but management is more than willing to cut(fire) employees right now, had two go last week with minor negative customer interactions.

FedupExpress

Gonna be tough to stretch out, those 1200 commits past 1200... 1630(1700) areas are the only ones who might play that game, but management is more than willing to cut(fire) employees right now, had two go last week with minor negative customer interactions.
What exactly did they do? I can't imagine anyone providing 5 star customer service...in the entire company for that matter.

Management are bunch of conniving asswholes. We used to have a señoir who was nicknamed Mr. Burns.

You guys must have it hard at whatever station you are at.

Only way to get fired seems to be

1. stealing
2. Not reporting accidents
3. Sexual harassment
4. Fighting

Besides that you can get away with everything, especially if you are liked by management.

Out of all the jobs I've had, express seems to be the closest thing to high school.

Gone fishin

I’ve never seen anyone fired for being slow. Speed limit , be careful , safety first. They drew first blood , in my best Rambo voice

MassWineGuy

To your manager: There was a stalled car that tied up traffic. I couldn’t go faster without breaking the speed limit. You don’t want that, do you?

Gone fishin

To your manager: There was a stalled car that tied up traffic. I couldn’t go faster without breaking the speed limit. You don’t want that, do you?
No , but that’s what it has come down too. I’d rather work hard and earn a paycheck. They have taken that option away

FedupExpress

No , but that’s what it has come down too. I’d rather work hard and earn a paycheck. They have taken that option away
At the end of the day they don't reward hard work, you will destroy your body and. Earn the same as the laziest guy at the station.

Do a good job but don't kill yourself mate.

FedupExpress

Yeah I feel like I'm back in high school with express sometimes too. High school 2.0
Not sure if that's a good thing lol.
The new thing at our station is breaking the urinal dividers, God knows why? I think someone must hate the maintenance guy.

Attachments

• 20230720_170241.jpg
    20230720_170241.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 42

Artee

And yet in some locations across the country, Express is having job fairs for drivers and placing ads and hiring drivers off the street. Rumor has it that one location that let people go is now trying to hire drivers back.

MAKAVELI

And yet in some locations across the country, Express is having job fairs for drivers and placing ads and hiring drivers off the street. Rumor has it that one location that let people go is now trying to hire drivers back.
Please do tell. What location is that?

fdxsux

Please do tell. What location is that?
They laid off a third of our drivers. Several more have quit and now we are short handed.(LGU) Not only that but the nearest station to us has had many drivers quit as well because they see the writing on the wall. They are now shorthanded as well. (OGD)