More Mid-Term SFA's

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
More mid-term SFA's are on the way as FedEx takes the temperature of the workforce. My senior, whose SFA was so bad that the results were never posted in the station, is apparently going to be re-evaluated now that he has had 6 or 7 months to get his act together. Too bad he didn't take the hint, because he's going to get slammed.

I applaud FedEx for doing this, but question their intentions. Are they trying to get rid of the "bad actors", or are they trying to get a sense of how ticked-off employees are with the big push for productivity that's been happening?

My opinion is that it's the latter, because as long as a "bad actor" makes their numbers there cannot be any "problems". Good numbers result in a lot of overlooked abuse, but not making budget and a low SFA would probably be trouble.

This seems much more widespread than in years past, but the Kool-Aid drinkers think it's just par for the course. I guess we'll see what happens.

FedEx2000

We are doing it district wide, as I assume are others. The only workgroups that aren't doing it here are the "High Leverage" (i.e. Critical) workgroups from spring SFA. It's a little different than the SFA also, it's referred to as the "Manager's Guide Communication Survey". It's supposed to provide feedback to the managers regarding their communication skills. Unless you are actually doing an SFA Re-survey??

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are doing it district wide, as I assume are others. The only workgroups that aren't doing it here are the "High Leverage" (i.e. Critical) workgroups from spring SFA. It's a little different than the SFA also, it's referred to as the "Manager's Guide Communication Survey". It's supposed to provide feedback to the managers regarding their communication skills. Unless you are actually doing an SFA Re-survey??

I believe it is a full re-survey. What I'm hearing from the other local stations that have already done it is that local management is getting good scores, but upper management is doing extremely poorly. The MD has been going from station to station doing skip-levels and doing his best to tap dance around the real issues.