More routes on Saturdays, means less work on mondays.

Upass.

All Centers across the nation where Saturday work exist are seeing more routes on Saturdays , this means RPCD will have less hours on mondays . 22.4 vs 22.3 . Any thoughts?

DOK

All Centers across the nation where Saturday work exist are seeing more routes on Saturdays , this means RPCD will have less hours on mondays . 22.4 vs 22.3 . Any thoughts?
As advertised in the the contract negotiations. We had a chance to stop it, no sense talking about it now.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!

I heard somewhere that over 100 buildings are changing their Sunday night sorts to Friday nights (basically Saturday morning). Because of this my building is adding a new Monday Sunrise sort to process late loads and other volume that comes in after our Saturday Day sort wraps up.

When this is all in place I'm sure some of the Tuesday preload volume will be advanced enough to be delivered on Mondays but it will take some time for it to happen.

charm299

We added more routes but most all packages are second day Saturday deliveries

PT Car Washer

I heard somewhere that over 100 buildings are changing their Sunday night sorts to Friday nights (basically Saturday morning). Because of this my building is adding a new Monday Sunrise sort to process late loads and other volume that comes in after our Saturday Day sort wraps up.

When this is all in place I'm sure some of the Tuesday preload volume will be advanced enough to be delivered on Mondays but it will take some time for it to happen.
My building starts the new schedule in 2 weeks. Friday night and Saturday morning preload. That is where the majority of our 22.3 jobs are. A lot of people are not happy about the change.

textat3

Speaking from the viewpoint of a decades long driver, embrace any change in operations because 1 of 2 things will happen-

1) you will make more $$
2) you will do less work

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Wasn't there a % of routes they could run on weekends compared to the average of normal routes or something along those lines? I keep thinking it's like 1/3.

B708079D-FBF2-47F1-A1B0-BAD8E9A1E654.gif