More stupid things customers say

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Had a customer come out of their house and say to me please do not walk on the lawn, the mailman does not walk on the lawn, I don't even walk on the lawn! Stupid me then asks customer, how do you mow the lawn then? Yep got a complaint. LOL

wayfair

swollen member
Had a DFU with a business, guy's wife signed for it.... had the copy of her signature.... $750 pair of shoes... he denied it, said no one lives there but him... pulled his DL out and said "this is who lives here"

I'll never leave anything there again unless "He" signs for it, id included, not his wife or anyone else answering the door for signature

stealth8

Had a customer on a cold snowy blustery day tell me how it was nice and 72°inside her office. I said that's Ok it's $48.00 an hour outside!

OPTION3

My center had a ghetto QVC queen that had a relative in UPS corporate, and anytime she was unhappy it was an automatic corporate complaint. Whether her package was DR'ed, not DR'ed, left at neighbors, not left at neighbors, anything driver did was a possible complaint. She wouldn't want her packages left if she wasn't home then would call in when she got home and demand the driver go back to deliver her packages. Her area was usually on one of several different routes and not close to any of them, so whoever tried to deliver would be miles away. Automatic complaint if the crazy lady didn't get what she wanted.
Her Shizz would be broken EVERY SINGLE TIME….If it were me

My all-time favorite: "I tracked this package this morning at 7:30 and it was out for delivery. Where have you been?" I replied "Someone is first, someone is last, and you are neither."

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

My all-time favorite: "I tracked this package this morning at 7:30 and it was out for delivery. Where have you been?" I replied "Someone is first, someone is last, and you are neither."

I love this one.

I was covering an add/cut which I delivered after I delivered my route. I got to this one house around 8pm and the homeowner gave me the same spiel---"It showed out for delivery at 7am. My house is only 1 mile from your building. Where have you been?" I just smiled and told him to have a good night.

Z

ZQXC

Whenever a customer tells me they have been waiting on me all day, my standard reply is "Here I am."

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
As an oms, I enjoy telling customers to "look for the big brown truck," but I hate setting meets. I had a customer insisting on driving 30 miles to meet a driver on a pretty remote route. They got lost. The driver found them based on a vehicle description and they were the only one for 15 miles. They were lucky it was on of the most accommodating & customer service focused drivers in the center. I feel lucky to work with drivers like him!

Future

Victory Ride
i remember when we used to deliver the adult toys to houses..i had this one stop where every time i went there she would ask "whats in the box" lots of times it was easy.
if it was from jcpenney's i say clothes or sears i would say tools..and so on..this one time i went there i had the brown bag from the adult store in hand,i knocked she opened and siad Hi..bob whats in the bag? all i said was toys. she signed and opened the bag looked in turned bright red:blushing: looked at me and said thanks and closed the door. i ran back to the truck laughing my ass off :lol:..that was a few years ago..when ever i went there after that it was just "Hi bob how are you.." never asked whats in the box again.
Only get signatures for the hot lookin ones when delivering there toys

Orthello

Here in the mid-west we had some of low temp this week -25/-40 with wind. By Thursday we were in the teens. A customers say to me from her cozy office. aren't you glad it warmed up... I reply... It's 16 degrees out. That's not that warm. She says oh I thought it was 20.