More stupid things customers say

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I love the guy who bitches that the BOSS made him come in on a day like this ,when he drives two blocks to work !

wayfair

swollen member
A coworker of mine said a lady had told him "Merry Christmas" a couple weeks ago.. his reply was " Happy Valentines Day", she walked away confused...

Marne Vet

Two of my favorites:

1) You walk into a business and you're soaked from the rain, and the receptionist says "Is it raining out?" I always look at them with a straight face and say "No. I just sweat a lot"

2) In the ghetto when I knock on a door someone always screams "WHO IS IT?!?!" at the top of their lungs. I ignore it and start writing the Info Notice up. By the third time they usually fling open the door in anger and yell "DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME?!?!", so I say "Yes, I heard you, but I'm not screaming back through doors all day when in reality it makes zero sense. Do you think a thief is gonna tell you they're a thief if they knock on your door to rob you? Why wouldn't you just come to the door and look at of the window? Makes more sense to verify who it is rather than trust someone in this neighborhood don't ya think?!" I've lost count at how many times I've tried to educate these idiots, but I get it every day, and every day I ignore yelling back. Not losing my voice for a bunch of a-holes too lazy to walk a few feet.

tipsbunch

My favorite was when I was out on my route deliverying and a guy came and asked for his package. I got his name and company info and looked in my cargo area, and couldn't find it. I told him the bad news. He said look again, it has to be there it was shipped second day air on Monday. I said, but sir it's only Tuesday. Yeah, I know that, the customer says, Monday, Tuesday that's two days. I told him if that was true you could ship a package at 5:00 PM next day air on Monday and we would have delivered it by 10:30 AM earlier in the same day. We may be good, but we're not that good.

thats insane! lol lol

didyousheetit

Had a customer say how it wasn't that hot out. I said really you left your air conditioned house got in your air conditioned car went in your air conditioned office. I actually got a $100 tip that Christmas from her. Her employees said no one ever talked to her like that before

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

didyousheetit

One of my favorites is when you bring a letter in a FedEx envelope. Customer laughs oh you're using their packaging. I say no when FedEx absolutely, positively has to have it there overnight, they use ups

Sent from device_name using BrownCafe App

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
Ah I had a lovely gentleman tell me he was coming to the center to shove his broken package up my :censored2:. He called his driver a crack head and threatened to sue. After all of that it turns out it was his neighbors package. They share a driveway and the note the neighbor has in the board says "side garage door." The jerk took the pkg thinking it was his. The police were called. It was a huge ordeal and he looked like a fool. The actual customer watched him kick the package all over the driveway. They filed a police report. It was amazing. Worst part, I know the guy personally.

Last edited by a moderator:

gingerkat

How about Creepy things customers do?
Yesterday guy petted my hair and said "Oh, you have beautiful hair!". I just smiled and walked as fast as I ever did.

gingerkat

I arrived at the same time in a large apartment complex with the Fed ex guy and his helper & the on trac guy, woman says "Oh, are you all now working together?" I just smiled as she looked so confused.

OPTION3

I Had a receptionist walk outside from 65 degree office--into the 100+ heat and say……"God its so nice out here"…..I said, Dripping in sweat "God it soooo nice inside"

Ouch

I had a so called psychic on my old route. I pulled up and she came out and asked, whats in the box? I said your psychic you tell me. That was the first corporate complaint I received lol lol.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I had a so called psychic on my old route. I pulled up and she came out and asked, whats in the box? I said your psychic you tell me. That was the first corporate complaint I received lol lol.

The first? How many have you received?

The only CC that I can recall in my center is when the mall driver was signing for packages at Foot Locker.

oldngray

nowhere special
My center had a ghetto QVC queen that had a relative in UPS corporate, and anytime she was unhappy it was an automatic corporate complaint. Whether her package was DR'ed, not DR'ed, left at neighbors, not left at neighbors, anything driver did was a possible complaint. She wouldn't want her packages left if she wasn't home then would call in when she got home and demand the driver go back to deliver her packages. Her area was usually on one of several different routes and not close to any of them, so whoever tried to deliver would be miles away. Automatic complaint if the crazy lady didn't get what she wanted.

Ouch

I received a couple from the psychic. She called a corporate complaint on me for trying to del the packages to her when she wasnt there. I told her she was psychic she should know when I would be there. They started dismissing the complaints from her once they figured out she was nuts.

sorry to get off the subject a little,but how about when you go out for a driver follow up(and you know dam well they got the package)and during the interview they keep looking at the spot where you set the box down.