Morning stretches

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If it isn't in the contract it doesn't matter.
I wouldn't stretch unless directed by a certified professional.
I got paid to deliver and pick up packages.
I never filled out the DOK crap or recited useless crap during Space and Visibility rides.
Contract doesn't say it is a requirement of the job.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I usually stretch at home for a bit before I leave. The way the company wants you to stretch is comical. You can't do 5 different stretches in less than 5 minutes and be "warmed up". Who is making these decisions? It's funny when we see the new greenhorn supe and he's got his crew out in the open for all to see and they are stretching. We heckle them quite a bit.

TheMachine

Are you sure you want to punch out?
All warm up stretching should be dynamic. Static stretching cold muscles is asking for strains and pulls.

I have never participated in stretching at UPS.

Wit Cho Yo Goofass

Are you kidding me? Our center manager was laughing as they shoved the new morning calisthenics up our ass...some suck ass safety committee “union member” demonstrating some aerobic B.S.!! They tell us it is not an option!! We WILL do them!! If we get to stretch on the clock...then never again will they have a reason to blame me for an overextended break...just preparing for the last 4 hrs of my day!
They tried that at our terminal about 2 yrs ago... it didn’t last long.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
True, but some park 1/2 mile from the building, so they all get a nice warm up walk/jog.
If I double shift during the day time my spot I park in at night is taken by the 2 Day people. That means I have to park at the hangar and walk about a 1/4 mile just to get to the guard shack. Helps my step count for the day though but I still don't like it.