Most Helpers are a bunch of crybabies...

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm tired of helpers regardless of how affective they are and regardless of their attitudes. The main thing that I'm fed up with is hearing their lame stories about how they became helpers. How their last employer "screwed them" and yada yada yada.

Sent using BrownCafe App

JakeD

I'm tired of helpers regardless of how affective they are and regardless of their attitudes. The main thing that I'm fed up with is hearing their lame stories about how they became helpers. How their last employer "screwed them" and yada yada yada.

Sent using BrownCafe App

wahhhhhhhh.. sounds like you should look in the mirror..

wahhhh i'm a driver who is always getting screwed by the management who don't know what they are doing.. wahhh i expect all my customers to kiss my boots and cup my balls for doing my job and bringing them their packages.. wahhhhh i'm so butthurt at the world.

what a jackass.

JakeD

wahhhh my preloader is a maroon.. he can't put 2312 after 2301 when his belt is overflowing up to his ears. how ever will i find the package!!??? wahh it's raining but i only get out 10 stops per day anyway and let my helper get out. wahh it's cold i only have 2 giant heater vents to keep me warm while my helper is in the snow all day.

who's the whiney bitch now? drivers are just as soft as most of the helpers you bitch about.

Marne Vet

I love how some of you try to inflate the importance of what is basically a very simple job which requires little more than a drivers license and high school diploma. "Earn my seat"? Get over yourself.

Irony from the guy making such an arrogant rebuttal.

This has nothing to do with a colossal ego, and everything to do with gaining that seat through seniority, training, and being able to hack it as a driver. I've seen too many "tough guys" that thought my job was cake just washout and quit. I'm a combat Veteran and thought fighting in Iraq was at times a helluva lot easier than driving my package car in the hood. Simple job? Graduating from college was simple for me because it only needed my brain to work. Doing this every day uses almost every muscle on my body, plus being able to keep an even keel mentally. Only a simple minded person would even make an asinine statement like that. Don't try to belittle what we do because [you] think it's cake now. You know damn well being a driver is far from easy, both physically, and mentally. I'm not talking about solving complex equations. I'm talking about the mental fortitude necessary to think on the fly, problem solve, and remain calm.

Overpaid Union Thug

wahhhh my preloader is a maroon.. he can't put 2312 after 2301 when his belt is overflowing up to his ears. how ever will i find the package!!??? wahh it's raining but i only get out 10 stops per day anyway and let my helper get out. wahh it's cold i only have 2 giant heater vents to keep me warm while my helper is in the snow all day.

who's the whiney bitch now? drivers are just as soft as most of the helpers you bitch about.
wahhhhhhhh.. sounds like you should look in the mirror..

wahhhh i'm a driver who is always getting screwed by the management who don't know what they are doing.. wahhh i expect all my customers to kiss my boots and cup my balls for doing my job and bringing them their packages.. wahhhhh i'm so butthurt at the world.

what a jackass.

Go away helper. Get back in the unemployment line and be sure to lie to your next coworkers about how you were a stud at UPS (as if helping requires much effort) and that UPS just screwed you after peak. Its and endless cycle that repeats as you bounce from job to job because you have a work ethic that only lasts for a few months and have no goals and lack any ambition. My words don't apply to those who just signed on to make a little extra cash or were genuinely trying to bounce back from circumstances at their last employer that were beyond their control. Otherwise......spare the forum, and UPS, of your presence.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Marne Vet

There's a difference between crying, and being pissed off because you have a Preloader that can't figure out the difference between 1000 and 8000. I'm not gonna smile and accept mediocrity on anyones part when it affects my job performance. If you can't take a box, look at a little label that says 1501, and figure out that it goes in the middle of the 1000 shelf that's marked for you, then start hiring circus monkeys that can be trained easier. That is the easiest thing to do, albeit not physically simple, just taking a package and placing it on the correct shelf is bar non a simple task.

Bitch about the rain? haha I have yet to meet a driver that has bitched about the weather (in my pressence). I'm sure a few have, but are probably no longer drivers. We work in the weather. We choose to work outside, so we learn to adapt to our surroundings. I bought Gortex. I'm dry head to toe in Hurricanes baby, and when it's cold? Gortex, fleece, and a few tricks I learned in the Military. The weather is only a factor for slowing me down, but not making me frown. Sort bags can be a pain in the arse. Soft drivers? hahahaha Thanks for the laugh. Even the biggest labia in my Center still has my respect because he does that job every day, week in and week out, and I never hear him cry about sore legs, rain, or when he's getting paid.

Love - 15

JakeD

Go away helper. Get back in the unemployment line and be sure to lie to your next coworkers about how you were a stud at UPS (as if helping requires much effort) and that UPS just screwed you after peak. Its and endless cycle that repeats as you bounce from job to job because you have a work ethic that only lasts for a few months and have no goals and lack any ambition. My words don't apply to those who just signed on to make a little extra cash or were genuinely trying to bounce back from circumstances at their last employer that were beyond their control. Otherwise......spare the forum, and UPS, of your presence.

Sent using BrownCafe App

I already have a degree in sports medicine and am going back to be a Radiology Tech. I had time last year and this year to make a few bucks being a helper. i've never filed for unemployment in my life.

i cycle 2500-3k miles per year, have hiked all 48 of the NH 4000 footers.. being a helper is :censored2:ing easy. I am the fastest helper in our group by far and haven't been sore once. These 3 weeks i've actually lost fitness.

Marne Vet

I already have a degree in sports medicine and am going back to be a Radiology Tech. I had time last year and this year to make a few bucks being a helper. i've never filed for unemployment in my life.

i cycle 2500-3k miles per year, have hiked all 48 of the NH 4000 footers.. being a helper is :censored2:ing easy. I am the fastest helper in our group by far and haven't been sore once. These 3 weeks i've actually lost fitness.

You should come teach the clowns we get every season how to do the job. I had a few helpers like yourself in the past that totally spoiled me as a driver, but generally I get the overweight 30 something person that has never worked hard a day in their life, and they want to tell me about it every second we're together.

Overpaid Union Thug

Well good for you!! So, that means you'll be leaving soon right???

Sent using BrownCafe App

Johney

All that and the best job you can come up with to earn extra money two years in a row is a UPS helper? :bsbullf:

JakeD

You should come teach the clowns we get every season how to do the job. I had a few helpers like yourself in the past that totally spoiled me as a driver, but generally I get the overweight 30 something person that has never worked hard a day in their life, and they want to tell me about it every second we're together.

that is not the UPS way. throw them in the deep end and see who can swim. they didn't even show this years orientation group a Diad, let alone show them how to use one. 2nd year on Diad was definitely easier and i was able to do more on it this year. (though i'd much prefer to just run packages and not scan)

i might actually like preloading if the hours, pay, and peak didn't suck. those poor bastards get yelled at from both sides.. too slow and management hates you.. fast enough and your load sucks so the driver hates you.

i'll go when i get bored of bugging you Big-arrow ;)

Marne Vet

I've worked with the same driver for 3 years in a row. He gets a good laugh when I tell him about the posts on here hating on helpers.

You guys have JO sessions in the back of the package car? We also get a good laugh when people like you try to come across like a stud. Three years in a row huh? Looks like a wise career move.

vwguy76

You guys have JO sessions in the back of the package car? We also get a good laugh when people like you try to come across like a stud. Three years in a row huh? Looks like a wise career move.

How am I coming across as a stud? And why do you look down on those of us who enjoy the helper job?

Marne Vet

How am I coming across as a stud? And why do you look down on those of us who enjoy the helper job?

I didn't you jackass. You assumed I was talking about you personally because I spoke about "helpers" in general. Probably why you jumped on the trigger to disagree with what I posted. 99% of helpers are worthless. Your driver should know that, unless he's a rookie and you're the only one he's ever had. It seems as if you were offended by this thread, and there should be no reason for that unless you fall into one of the categories I stated. So which is it? What were you disagreeing with stud? Since you haven't sat in my seat for almost 20 years and dealt with scores of whinny turds, where do you fall in my list?

Overpaid Union Thug

I've worked with the same driver for 3 years in a row. He gets a good laugh when I tell him about the posts on here hating on helpers.

There is a specific type of helper that most hate on. But at this point some of us are just tired of them in general. When you spend 10, 11 months out of the year alone and then are forced (whether or not we actually need one) to endure the types I mentioned before it gets old fast. Plus, it just means its still peak or we have peak volume. When helpers are gone thats when we know that peak is finally starting to wind down.

Sent using BrownCafe App