movie review

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I saw "The Hangover" today. Think "Old School" with an edge. Don't bring the kids (16 and under); if you do, do not watch the "pictures" at the end unless you want to answer a lot of questions on the way home from the theater. It was actually a good movie and the part with Mike Tyson was both funny and sad. His performance was good but it is sad to see just how far he has fallen as it was obvious this was just a paycheck for him.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Another rainy Saturday spent in a movie theater. Today I saw "Taking the Pelham 1-2-3" and it was awesome. Denzel Washington and John Travolta were both excellent. Some of the other older members here may remember this movie from the '70s--this was a remake set in present time. The language may be offensive to some but, unlike in some movies, the profanity does add to this movie. Definitely a must see IMO.

moreluck

golden ticket member
See, that supports my theory that Hollywood can't come up with anything new, so the do re-makes.

I remember the 1974 Taking of Pellham with Robert Shaw, Martin Balsam, Walter Matthau, Earl Hindman & Hector Elizondo.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
See, that supports my theory that Hollywood can't come up with anything new, so the do re-makes.

I remember the 1974 Taking of Pellham with Robert Shaw, Martin Balsam, Walter Matthau, Earl Hindman & Hector Elizondo.
I remember it well. I too hate that everything has to be remade. This goes for music as well. Are we running out of our own ideas? This is a great thread, thanks.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Gran Torino / On Demand

Any self-respecting man can do about half his household chores with WD-40, vice grips, and duct tape.

The movie was not what I expected from the previews. The movie was outstanding.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Just finished watching Gran Torino. What a great movie.

Wow!!

Did you feel that there was a part of every character Eastwood played in his career? Dirty Harry to Million Dollar Baby?

Did it break your heart when he called his son and it seemed like a Harry Chapin song...? Did you catch the dx on the hospital papers?

Did you think..like I did...when he was watching Thao from the porch ..it was a younger Eastwood?

Did you realize...(I had to watch it 3x's to catch this...he only shot his gun once by accident in the garage?

What was your favorite part?

Clint is 79 now. He was born 5/31/30.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Wow!!

Did you feel that there was a part of every character Eastwood played in his career? Dirty Harry to Million Dollar Baby?

Did it break your heart when he called his son and it seemed like a Harry Chapin song...? Did you catch the dx on the hospital papers?

Did you think..like I did...when he was watching Thao from the porch ..it was a younger Eastwood?

Did you realize...(I had to watch it 3x's to catch this...he only shot his gun once by accident in the garage?

What was your favorite part?

Clint is 79 now. He was born 5/31/30.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
There were so many great parts but I think one of the best ones was the scene with the 3 black guys. That scene just begged for "Feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?"

The last scene needed, no not needed, was reminiscent of "Go ahead, make my day".

I laughed through most of the movie. He was so grouchy. Bitch about everything. He had prejudices against his neighbors and then he realized that the Hmong were on his side in the Korean War. Come to think of it, that might very well have been the best part of the movie. Very thought provoking.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
There were so many great parts but I think one of the best ones was the scene with the 3 black guys. That scene just begged for "Feel lucky? Well do ya, punk?"

The last scene needed, no not needed, was reminiscent of "Go ahead, make my day".

I laughed through most of the movie. He was so grouchy. Bitch about everything. He had prejudices against his neighbors and then he realized that the Hmong were on his side in the Korean War. Come to think of it, that might very well have been the best part of the movie. Very thought provoking.
Did you say, 3 Black guys???:wink2:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not movie, but TV.....MC Hammer is going to have a reality show ?? !!

Stay tuned for my reality show next week called Chemo-sabe !!!:happy-very:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
"Keep your hands off my dog." :happy-very:
Late to the party, but we finally watched Gran Torino last night. I agree with the previous posters, good flick!

moreluck

golden ticket member
We rented "Crossing Over" with Harrison Ford. The subject is immigration and he's an I.C.E. agent. It was a pretty good movie and it reminded me of "Crash" with the same format. :happy2: