Things you think about at work

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cement....I too always knew Beta was the best, but alas, I had to go with the mainstream (relunctantly) and accept the other.

First I think about when they will put the drivers list up at my hub so I can put my name on it. Then I think about possibly joining the military if it's not gonna be soon... lol and then I think about how I hate working two jobs!!!(FT with OT at the end of the quarter and PT at ups)

wisedragonfly

My first thoughts are constantly prioritizing my work load. What's next, what's on fire, who is screaming for what? I even think about it just before I go to sleep at night so I can set up my morning work load in my mind. It's the only way I can attempt to stay ahead of the ball and even that does not always work.

My second thought is wondering what's going on at BC?
My final thought is how close is it to Friday??

M

Mike23

If a city parks employee runs over an animal isn't that ironic? x 2 today

Why would they cut a truck by 40 stops and give the guy a half day? If he does 10 stops an hour at the minimum that's technically 8 hours work...oh well, 20 more stops today.

Man, I wish I had a mall run...women are pretty hot and always nice in the mall.

I wonder if it's mostly junior drivers that aren't at max pay who are given the splits more often and full pay drivers getting half days? Wouldn't that make sense and be something sleazy UPS would do to avoid paying overtime to the senior drivers?

morgahorse

ummm...

beer,beer,sex,sex,sex,sex,sex,sex,beer,music,beer,sex,sex...... :dead:

as a swing driver I pick my favorite routes that I like to do based on how many pretty girls on the route.
:happy2:

NHDRVR

If a city parks employee runs over an animal isn't that ironic? x 2 today

Why would they cut a truck by 40 stops and give the guy a half day? If he does 10 stops an hour at the minimum that's technically 8 hours work...oh well, 20 more stops today.

Man, I wish I had a mall run...women are pretty hot and always nice in the mall.

I wonder if it's mostly junior drivers that aren't at max pay who are given the splits more often and full pay drivers getting half days? Wouldn't that make sense and be something sleazy UPS would do to avoid paying overtime to the senior drivers?

You can keep the Mall. We have about 3 or 4 of them in our center and the drivers that do them are absolute speed-demons. They aren't junior drivers either which is surprising but these guys have just developed a pace because of the volume that I could never maintain.

under the radar

A Trained Professional
i feel this way with my 3 year old daughter!!!! She is asleep when i go to work, and getting ready for bed when i get home!! UPS is a single mans job unless you have a very good route. One day "hopefully" she'll understand that my working late is ALL for her!!!!

It could be worse, you could be in management! Now THAT'S the job for a single person.