movie review

DS

Fenderbender
I liked the fantastic four even though I wasn't familiar with the comic. DS Are you going to see the second one? I liked X-Men too, the second one wasn't bad but havn't bothered with the third....something about killing off most of the main characters seems to be the cheap ending these days.
As a matter of fact Miss Vic we were discussing going to see the new FF this monday.Its a really old theater right here in town where your knees hurt...its Canada day here and theres not a lot of things open that day.I didn`t like the X-men,they strayed from the original concept in the comic,but the new one with the silver surfer looks cool.

Overpaid Union Thug

My review is form "Transformers." I have seen it two times already. The first time was with friends and then again with my wife and 5 year old son. I don't know who liked the movie more...me or my son. My wife even liked it. The imagery is awesome and the action is basically non-stop. I like how the movie acknowledges that their are Air Force personel involved in Special Ops. In fact, one of the main characters is an Air Force Combat Controller played by Tyrese Gibson. One of the best scenes in the movie, in my opionion, is when an Air Force gunship blasts the hell out of a pesty Transformer from above. The Transformer on Transformer battles are pretty cool too. Watching the movie made me feel like the little kid I was back in 1985 when I was still playing with the original Transformers. The movie apeals to adults as well. I'm still a kid at heart so I knew I'd like it.

Cole

I took my son and some other kids to see Transformers, and the graphics were good, but I thought the storyline was for really small children. I couldn't keep my head up, and they couldn't put that cube in Mega Trons chest quick enough for me.

I never saw the cartoon, so I guess that effects my views on it.

Me and my son did see the Fantastic 4, Rise of the Silver Surfer about a week ago, and I thought it was good. The graphics were fantastic! I grew up reading those comics when I was a kid, so I was familiar w/ it.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Just watched "Shooter" with Mark Wahlberg. It was very good & tense.

That old Markie Mark has come a long way since his droopy drawers days !!.

We watched that last night and I enjoyed it. I like movies with lots of action in them. Plenty of shooting and explosions. Over9five, you will enjoy it!:gunsmilie

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
Scratch, We watched Shooter last night too! Overall I liked it, it was entertaining with plenty of action.

Night before last we watched Deja Vu, Denzel Washington starred in that one. It's a sci-fi action movie with lots of shoot em up scenes and big explosions. I liked that one too.

DS

Fenderbender
Not my usual forte but we watched "knocked up" the other night.
I`m a guy and I found it gross.Too much swearing among loved ones for my liking.It was funny but totally tasteless...40 year old virgin
was tame compared to it.Too many poo poo jokes but the maroon
finally clues in and gets a job in the end and its a happy ending.
Now you dont have to see it.

satellitedriver

Finally got around to watching Brokeback Mountain. Too embarrassing to go to the theater and pay real money to see it.....you know, popcorn and all.

Got to admit the scenery was breathtaking.

Two males longing for each other when there was plenty of sheep available was just not a turn on for me. I understand people loving other people, but leave out the sex part or leave it to our own imaginations. I'm glad it didn't win an Oscar.

It's worth renting.
I have never seen the movie. I believe if you can find love in this world , hold on to it.
But, why did they use to straight guys to portray gay guys?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Satellite.....because if they used Nathan Lane & the guy that plays "Jack" on Will & Grace ....They would be screaming all the time and chase all the wildlife out of the forest.:)

Channahon

Brokeback Mtn.....

I just couldn't understand a word Ledger was saying.
Even when I turned up the volume.

If I ever watch it again, I'll use the closed caption on the DVD.

DS

Fenderbender
Q has anyone seen any of the "new releases" that are circulating?
I mean they cost $5 from a guy in a van.

edd_tv

Cardboard picker upper
a little dated

"office space" is by far the funniest movie i have seen. can relate a lot of what i see in it to my daily work life

DS

Fenderbender
I know its old now but we just watched Jarhead.
One mans tour as a marine ,good movie.
Great acting,and a different view of desert storm .
I give it 7 1/2 out of 10

over9five

Staff member
Saw 'Harry Potter' and 'Ratatoille' at the drive in last night.

I thought Harry was too grumpy thru most of the film. (I'm not a Harry Potter fan, anyhow). Tha place was full, tho, lots of HP fans out there! Including Mrs Over9five.

area43

The wife and I saw the movie "next" with Nichlas Cage. Pretty interesting. Cage can only see 2 minutes into the future. Great story line. Could easily have a sequel.

area43

I know its old now but we just watched Jarhead.
One mans tour as a marine ,good movie.
Great acting,and a different view of desert storm .
I give it 7 1/2 out of 10

DS, didn't see the movie, I heard mix reviews mostly on the negative side. Here are some military or war movies that I think you'll like.

1) Sand Peebles, with Steve Mcqueen. Oldie but Goodie. I can relate to Steve's character in the movie to some extent. Very sad ending.

2) Full metal Jacket, can't remember whos in it. If I recall the first part of the movie is about Marine Corp Boot Camp, pretty intense. The second part of the movie, I was totally disappointed.

3) Platoon, director Olive Stone. Excellent movie, some say its too politcal. I liked it alot. It showed the politics that goes on in a platoon, fairly accurate. Great story line. Sad a times.

4)Of course, Private Ryan with Tom Hanks. Excellent Omaha Beach action in the beginning. If you watch closely, Hanks while pinned down on the beach, calls for a (combat) engineer to take out some constantena wire with a bangalore torpedo. That s what I did in the Corp. The life expectancy for a combat engineer is but a few seconds when the fire fight starts. Anyhow a bangalore toredo( b.p.) is basically a five foot section of pvc(actually its light steel or aluminum) pipe,roughly 2 inches in dia and packed with C-4(plastic like explosive) more like clay it can be molded and shaped to whatever you want. There are about 8 5 ft sections in a box, with one dumby one for the nose. What you did was shove each section through the barrier(wire, wood and mines) like a snake, connecting each 5 ft section to the other and push it on through to the end of the barrier. The dummby five foot nose section located on the front was in case you hit a land mine. So, you really had to make sure you had the dummy and not a live one on the nose. Anything can happen in combat.

Then you put a blasting cap on the end and let her rip with a time fuse. Get the hell out of there. When it blows it usually makes a path 3 feet wide and about a foot deep. Just enough for the infantry to go through. Well, that s it for now .

moreluck

golden ticket member
Just watched "Contract" with Morgan Freeman & John Cusack. It was pretty good.

Also watched "Number 23" with Jim Carey......way too weird for me............and I usually like spooky movies. He should stick to the funny stuff.