MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

Yolo

I'm super mad. Back in 1982 I made $12.87 as a preloader. I worked super hard and was thr only good preloader in my entire state!!! How dare they pay someone more than me 40 years after the fact!!! I am contacting attorney as we speak! UPS will rue the day they raised pay for young blood!!! I earned it and fought for it! They didn't earn :censored2:! They should be grateful for $8.50! Little millennial punks!!!

PT Car Washer

I'm super mad. Back in 1982 I made $12.87 as a preloader. I worked super hard and was thr only good preloader in my entire state!!! How dare they pay someone more than me 40 years after the fact!!! I am contacting attorney as we speak! UPS will rue the day they raised pay for young blood!!! I earned it and fought for it! They didn't earn *! They should be grateful for $8.50! Little millennial punks!!!
In 1982 the starting pay rate was $8/hr unless you worked the preload than it was $9/hr.

Superteeth2478

In 1982 the starting pay rate was $8/hr unless you worked the preload than it was $9/hr.
The crazy part is that that was a good deal of money in 1982. The even crazier part is that it was still $8.50 an hour starting in 2007 when I got hired and continued to be that low for a couple years after. Now these MRAs are really showing just how much UPS can afford to pay their part-time workforce.

542thruNthru

The crazy part is that that was a good deal of money in 1982. The even crazier part is that it was still $8.50 an hour starting in 2007 when I got hired and continued to be that low for a couple years after. Now these MRAs are really showing just how much UPS can afford to pay their part-time workforce.
These MRAs are really showing that our wages shouldn't be negotiated as one set amount across the nation.

cachmeifucan

I'm super mad. Back in 1982 I made $12.87 as a preloader. I worked super hard and was thr only good preloader in my entire state!!! How dare they pay someone more than me 40 years after the fact!!! I am contacting attorney as we speak! UPS will rue the day they raised pay for young blood!!! I earned it and fought for it! They didn't earn *! They should be grateful for $8.50! Little millennial punks!!!
How about ups create more full-time jobs that people can actually raise a family ever here of underemployment. Many coworkers waiting years to get a 22.3. Job. The waiting list is at 18 years of service to get the call. Im happy for them but obviously i would like a increase bonus stock something. Oh thats ok i get my overtime taken away im supposed to be thrilled

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
This is BS....new off the street pre-loader starting at a higher wage then a new Full-time driver is an embarrassment to the union. Hey you want to implement some real MRA....have our top rate properly represent our area cost of living.
It shows how weak the union is when members getting more money hours just crap
8 dollars back then was worth way more then 15 bucks today you can barely buy a combo from Mcdiesils. What was gas back then 89 cents?

Last edited:

Jlandry

Lol. This all cracks me up. 542 asked a very good question. Who will you all blame once Hoffa is out of office? I’m sure it won’t be Sean’s fault.

cachmeifucan

Well the bonuses started under hoffa. And market rate adjustment im not blaming anyone. Well i blame ups i guess. I been telling my coworkers to vote and wait for the next contract. They still wont vote.

polyp

We got it at 19 to 21/hr depending on the sort and building. Less than what the bonuses worked out to. Supposedly it will be reviewed on Jan 2. Our local management team tried to go this route a couple of years ago but got shut down by on high and were told to stick with the bonuses.

PT Car Washer

It shows how weak the union is when members getting more money hours just crap

8 dollars back then was worth way more then 15 bucks today you can barely buy a combo from Mcdiesils. What was gas back then 89 cents?
According to the Dept of Energy retail gasoline was $1.22/gal in 1982. A couple years later I bought a 3 bedroom older home for $20k. 10% interest and paid it off in 10 years.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
According to the Dept of Energy retail gasoline was $1.22/gal in 1982. A couple years later I bought a 3 bedroom older home for $20k. 10% interest and paid it off in 10 years.

Hired in around the mid seventies, starting hourly rate was 5.50..at that time that was over twice the minimum wage of 2.00 bucks an hour, that was a standard for most Union jobs over 40 years ago. Was going through college at the time under the GI bill, tuition was 300 a month for my private college now it runs 3000, rented a one bedroom apartment at 150 a month, utilities included, gas was under a dollar before the Iranian hostage debacle.