MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

nWo

Cedar Point $20/hr minimum wage.

Attachments

• 187292242_10158195395951463_6480154504435903293_n.jpg
    187292242_10158195395951463_6480154504435903293_n.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 91

Yolo

You're one of those that want a living wage on a part time job. You want to be able to raise a family of 4 on that part time job. You want the taxes that I pay to go to you to raise your family on a part time job.

Nobody wants your tax dollars. UPS is making billions. We want better pay and better working conditions. That's what Teamsters do.

Back From Break
That's what Teamsters do

Really.

UPS is paying more in a lot of markets than what the Teamsters negotiated. Maybe the part timers should band together and let the Teamsters know what they want.

Oh, wait...That would mean that they would have to vote on contracts...

Back From Break
Your anti union views are pretty disturbing.

Who’s anti union? It is what it is.

Part timers get screwed because they don’t vote. And I get tired of hearing them bitch and moan about what they don’t have but still refuse to get involved, fight and vote on contracts.

We are the Union. If the part timers don’t want to participate, don’t want to fight for themselves, don’t want to vote on contracts, they will be left behind.

And every contract, history repeats itself. Only the part timers can break the cycle.

Back From Break
Ok. Whatever helps you sleep.

I sleep fine.

Why should I or the Union stand up for part timers when they won't stand up for themselves. I lose no sleep over that. If they want to stand up and fight, I will be there right next to them supporting them 100%

But, if they won't stand next to me when I'm fighting for them, so be it.

PT Car Washer

I sleep fine.

Why should I or the Union stand up for part timers when they won't stand up for themselves. I lose no sleep over that. If they want to stand up and fight, I will be there right next to them supporting them 100%

But, if they won't stand next to me when I'm fighting for them, so be it.
Then push to eliminate all or most PT jobs in the next contract. I am sure you will have the backing of most PT members who will see their jobs turn into FT.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Then push to eliminate all or most PT jobs in the next contract. I am sure you will have the backing of most PT members who will see their jobs turn into FT.

The company will never agree to that, it is cheaper and easier to maintain a part time position. The higher costs associated with Pension and Health and Welfare for a full timer has been the deciding issue since the 97 strike.

Back From Break

OK. Tell me, what are these FT positions supposed to be, besides split shift with an 8 hour gap?

Sure, some hubs run back to back sorts where you can make them FT without a huge gap, but that is not the norm. Most buildings only run 2 sorts, morning and evening. How many people would want to work 4 hours, take 8 hours off and then come in for another 4 hours?

PT Car Washer

OK. Tell me, what are these FT positions supposed to be, besides split shift with an 8 hour gap?

Sure, some hubs run back to back sorts where you can make them FT without a huge gap, but that is not the norm. Most buildings only run 2 sorts, morning and evening. How many people would want to work 4 hours, take 8 hours off and then come in for another 4 hours?
UPS would have to reschedule Feeder runs to have more back to back sorts. They schedule Feeder runs now to prevent more 22.3 jobs.

Back From Break
They schedule Feeder runs now to prevent more 22.3 jobs.

Nope. They schedule feeder runs now so they don't have to hire double the feeder drivers that they currently have. The existing feeder drivers and sorts satisfy the existing on-time network.

I would love to see more feeder drivers, FT jobs, more sorts, more employees, but they would be adding more employees without any additional revenue. Bottom line, UPS is in business to make money. Keeping UPS healthy and profitable keeps me in a job to support myself and my family...And yours...

I agree that UPS can afford, and should, pay the lower wage part time workers more, but there will always be part time workers at UPS. It's the nature of the beast.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Nope. They schedule feeder runs now so they don't have to hire double the feeder drivers that they currently have. The existing feeder drivers and sorts satisfy the existing on-time network.

I would love to see more feeder drivers, FT jobs, more sorts, more employees, but they would be adding more employees without any additional revenue. Bottom line, UPS is in business to make money. Keeping UPS healthy and profitable keeps me in a job to support myself and my family...And yours...

I agree that UPS can afford, and should, pay the lower wage part time workers more, but there will always be part time workers at UPS. It's the nature of the beast.
6 billion net