MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Anyone else feel that this diminishes driver rate as well? I mean, now a part timer will make more per hour than a newly hired 22.4 driver? The ripple effect of this is not gonna be good, we have MRA adjustment waiting at our hub as well for $19.75 for pre load only.
I don’t have a huge problem with the starting wage but the progression is a complete joke. My buddy is a lineman and he Is coming up on his 1 year anniversary. Started at around $25 an hour. Now he’s making right at what we make. $13-14 an hour in raises in year 1. Now he’s still got like $20 an hour in raises to come but they’re big substantial raises every 6 months.

PT Car Washer

I don’t have a huge problem with the starting wage but the progression is a complete joke. My buddy is a lineman and he Is coming up on his 1 year anniversary. Started at around $25 an hour. Now he’s making right at what we make. $13-14 an hour in raises in year 1. Now he’s still got like $20 an hour in raises to come but they’re big substantial raises every 6 months.
When I started as a preloader at UPS, we hit top rate after 90 days. About $.50/hr less than top rate driver.

PT Car Washer

Yes we’ve heard that about 8000 times at this point. We all know part timers have gotten * for 40 years.
A lot of new members don't know or believe this. To me new is under 30 years seniority. Just want to point out how low we have gone down as a Union job. I tell the new guys that the best part of working at UPS was having weekends and Holidays off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
A lot of new members don't know or believe this. To me new is under 30 years seniority. Just want to point out how low we have gone down as a Union job. I tell the new guys that the best part of working at UPS was having weekends and Holidays off.
Weekends off is definitely one of the main reasons I chose this jobs over many trades. Now look at us.

PT Car Washer

Weekends off is definitely one of the main reasons I chose this jobs over many trades. Now look at us.
We used to look at contract time as an opportunity to improve the members position. Now it is just another opportunity for the company to gain another concession often at the cost to the new members. 1982 was just the beginning of concessions every contract year.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Have any of the new part timers seen there new market rate adjustments yet?
Dunno, I can't check. Thanks Pajeet
Screenshot_20210811-134228-210.png