MRA (Market Rate Adjustment) Raise Exceptions

opie

These MRA's won't go away. With peak season around the corner, they can't afford to end it. Probably even will have to increase it. Paying $20/hr here is not enough to keep people. One solution here in Local 177 was to create lots of new inside/inside 22.3 jobs.

These MRA's won't go away. With peak season around the corner, they can't afford to end it. Probably even will have to increase it. Paying $20/hr here is not enough to keep people. One solution here in Local 177 was to create lots of new inside/inside 22.3 jobs.
Half of our midnight/preload are 22.3. Neither sort could run without them.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Half of our midnight/preload are 22.3. Neither sort could run without them.

Seeing that in our building too...Maybe the days of the career part timers are over...really not too many of them left..I Expect maybe an improvement in the Part Timers pension benefits under the Central and Southern to sweeten the 2023 contract..

nWo

Seems like UPS should create some FT positions. Or even a 6 hour position like they do in Louisville. Can't keep advertising a job as 3.5-5 hours and expect 6-7 hours.

DriverNerd

Can't keep advertising a job as 3.5-5 hours and expect 6-7 hours.
Sure they can, they've been doing it for years. But you're right, I think making FT positions would keep them much better staffed and wouldn't cost much more because none of those full timers would be making as much overtime.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
$50k/yr to work a PT job.

A UPS part time position and it’s commitments is not a typical American part time job, it has never been. The only reason that UPS keeps part time people around are the pension and health and welfare cost savings.

The company has to pay 350 a week to cover a part timers health and welfare, compared to 500 for a full timer. Everybody can see Article 34 master and see the big differences in pension benefits.

Satuirus2000

Seems like UPS should create some FT positions. Or even a 6 hour position like they do in Louisville. Can't keep advertising a job as 3.5-5 hours and expect 6-7 hours.
It wouldn't matter. They already do that here at Worldport. Hell, I had someone with a 6 hour job who dqd from it since he made more hours as a 3 hour employee! They also force people to come in on their day off of Sunday or Friday and have done so for the past 6 months. So forced 6 days. If you have another job that you went to on those days in good faith since they were supposed to be your off days at Ups, they don't give a :censored2:, they want you to make theirs the priority. And the union just let them do that. Sickening.

A UPS part time position and it’s commitments is not a typical American part time job, it has never been. The only reason that UPS keeps part time people around are the pension and health and welfare cost savings.

The company has to pay 350 a week to cover a part timers health and welfare, compared to 500 for a full timer. Everybody can see Article 34 master and see the big differences in pension benefits.
It also splits the Union work force by pitting FT against PT. The Company (or Union) expended on this last contract by splitting up the delivery drivers. The Company can play one side against the others.

Satuirus2000

Pay going up again at Worldport. $20 for days $21 for nights. Senior employees once again get nothing while company bumps pay up pay for their supervisors or gives them a bonus for compensation. Crickets from the union.

meritocracy

Pay going up again at Worldport. $20 for days $21 for nights. Senior employees once again get nothing while company bumps pay up pay for their supervisors or gives them a bonus for compensation. Crickets from the union.
This seems like more than crickets to me.

89.PNG

Satuirus2000

This seems like more than crickets to me.

View attachment 349583
Still crickets. They are only fighting for some union employees and not all. And now if they win this lawsuit once rates go up to $20 and hour in September, people who have been here 5 years or less will make MORE than people who have been here for 12 years or more! The company gives out bonuses and or a pay bump to their supervisors who aren't at a certain pay level yet. So we know the company has money to shore things up for everyone, but they do not do so for their union workers. When this happened back in 2013 the union did nothing and now they are once again not representing ALL members. I could almost understand their not fighting, but once the company gave out a bonus to their senior supervisors, the union looked ridiculous not fighting to get their union employees the same bonus.

TeltBender

It wouldn't matter. They already do that here at Worldport. Hell, I had someone with a 6 hour job who dqd from it since he made more hours as a 3 hour employee! They also force people to come in on their day off of Sunday or Friday and have done so for the past 6 months. So forced 6 days. If you have another job that you went to on those days in good faith since they were supposed to be your off days at Ups, they don't give a *, they want you to make theirs the priority. And the union just let them do that. Sickening.
Sunday sort is double pay where I am. Put me in every week please.

meritocracy

Still crickets. They are only fighting for some union employees and not all. And now if they win this lawsuit once rates go up to $20 and hour in September, people who have been here 5 years or less will make MORE than people who have been here for 12 years or more! The company gives out bonuses and or a pay bump to their supervisors who aren't at a certain pay level yet. So we know the company has money to shore things up for everyone, but they do not do so for their union workers. When this happened back in 2013 the union did nothing and now they are once again not representing ALL members. I could almost understand their not fighting, but once the company gave out a bonus to their senior supervisors, the union looked ridiculous not fighting to get their union employees the same bonus.
I agree with you but the president of Local 89 is one of the guys who's the most vocal about the IBT screwing over locals.