My 30 day book

barnyard

KTM rider
my husband is on his 2nd week of working for UPS as a package handler (3 a.m.-9 a.m. shift) How did you get signed up to be a package car driver? He has been texting HR to get on the list and HR man has not responded to his texts.
He has not even made seniority as a PT employee. Maybe he ought to calm down and do the job he was hired for. Once he makes seniority, he will be able to figure out what to do.

SunnyC

He has not even made seniority as a PT employee. Maybe he ought to calm down and do the job he was hired for. Once he makes seniority, he will be able to figure out what to do.

He is chill and doing a good job, his SUP has complimented him on his great work ethic. Also management already mentioned that their is opportunity to deliver from your own vehicle.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
He is chill and doing a good job, his SUP has complimented him on his great work ethic. Also management already mentioned that their is opportunity to deliver from your own vehicle.
That's what a supervisor is supposed to do if you are in fact doing a good job.

I wouldn't read so much into things supervisor types say unless it comes with immediate action.

clean hairy

my husband is on his 2nd week of working for UPS as a package handler (3 a.m.-9 a.m. shift) How did you get signed up to be a package car driver? He has been texting HR to get on the list and HR man has not responded to his texts.
Never heard of anyone in hr giving out their personal cell#.

You can see who wears the pants at that house
XoV2llGV1WhhyOwYhx.gif

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
Can your husband come on here and say a few words? I understand the hours a package handler works suck in almost every regard, PT as much as/in different ways than full time... but I’d like to hear it from the horse’s mouth. Even if it’s 3AM on his break, someone knowledge will be online.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I've been actively trying to convince new people NOT to do PVD after my shift since they pulled off that crap.
They show up around 10:00 or so, not many takers, only kid left drives around an old bucket van from the late 80's, they can stay lol.

But this crap makes me furious, both the BA and management telling people who want to drive but can't to do PVD instead. bait-and-switch, dog wagging the tail. And no consideration the damage this does to our public relations if a strike comes close.

Last edited:

SunnyC

I've been actively trying to convince new people NOT to do PVD after my shift since they pulled off that crap.
They show up around 10:00 or so, not many takers, only kid left drives around an old bucket van from the late 80's, they can stay lol.

But this crap makes me furious, both the BA and management telling people who want to drive but can't to do PVD instead. bait-and-switch, dog wagging the tail. And no consideration the damage this does to our public relations if a strike comes close.
So in the simple words. Don’t do PVD it’s bad for the future of UPS?