My 30 day book

Tucker88

Banned
I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going on .

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Talk with your Stewart. From my understanding they are only supposed to put you on a training route and thats it. If they have you helping others or putting you on different routes, you should automatically qualify. Helping others does not help your "numbers" and they can't accurately judge you.

Edit. Saw that you said you're seasonal. Not really sure how your local handles that but in mine you don't even fill out a book. Youre a temp driver

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
You’re seasonal til January but hoping to qualify and make full time soon?

So many questions. Like...you’re seasonal? But you want to be full-time by January. Did you sign a bid sheet or work part time to earn seniority? I’m pretty sure you don’t just magically start a qualifying packet if you’re seasonal. Best of luck.

Tucker88

Banned
Talk with your Stewart. From my understanding they are only supposed to put you on a training route and thats it. If they have you helping others or putting you on different routes, you should automatically qualify. Helping others does not help your "numbers" and they can't accurately judge you.

Edit. Saw that you said you're seasonal. Not really sure how your local handles that but in mine you don't even fill out a book. Youre a temp driver
Thanks for the info, I am seasonal and hoping to go full time. I do have a book but it’s only been filled out the first 3 days I was with a on road sup. Since then I’ve been on 3 different routes and have help others after my route was completed. I know helping others doesn’t help my numbers , so I was told my volume would increase this week so that they could look at my numbers better to see if I’m scratching my route. I just feel like when my 30 days are up they might say sorry but we are still on day 3 cause your book hasn’t been filled out for the other days

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Thanks for the info, I am seasonal and hoping to go full time. I do have a book but it’s only been filled out the first 3 days I was with a on road sup. Since then I’ve been on 3 different routes and have help others after my route was completed. I know helping others doesn’t help my numbers , so I was told my volume would increase this week so that they could look at my numbers better to see if I’m scratching my route. I just feel like when my 30 days are up they might say sorry but we are still on day 3 cause your book hasn’t been filled out for the other days
But ..... how can you be doing a qualifying packet if you’re seasonal? You’re seasonal. Seasonal. Where do you get full-time-qualifying-packet...when you’re seasonal? No wonder they only have 3 days filled out, because you’re seasonal. Seasonal. Do you notice the key-word here? Seasonal.

Tucker88

Banned
True , but I’m still trying to do my 30 day qualification period. There are 4 new seasonal drivers and we all have books. During this 30 days DQ period they can just let me go for no reason, after 30 days I’m protected by the union

UPSER1987

Just FYI...talk to your STEWARD ....not some guy Stewart. You’re a step ahead already!

542thruNthru

Yes.

Many places experience two peak seasons due to tourism, think Shore towns. This happens even during regular non viral global pandemics.

Hmm didn't think of that. I always thought it was because of max vacations and they don't have PT cover drivers like some areas.

Misthios

I love my job. Don't you?

Same in mine. If you're in training trying to qualify then they never send you to help anyone.

SunnyC

I just completed my 15th day as a package car driver. The problem is my book has only been filled out till day 3. I was with a supervisor for the first three days and he filled it out. But since then I’ve been by myself and have had 3 different routes. I’ve also gotten back early almost all the days and then have gone and helped others finish there route. My sup tells me I really haven’t run scratch and it’s not my fault because I’ve ended my day helping others and with that the numbers don’t help in my favor. I was told they were going to give me more volume so I don’t get back early or have to help others so they can get a better idea on my numbers during the week. Does it not matter that my book hasn’t been filled out yet. My on road sup said he was going to come on the road with me to evaluate me but it hasn’t happen yet. Keeps saying he’s busy and will do it another day.. I’m seasonal till Jan but was hoping to qualify and make full time soon. Is the 30 day book for 30 calendar days or 30 working days ? I think I only saw 20 days in the book but the book is with my sup now. I’m just wondering if cause the book has only been filled out 3 days then I’ve only done 3 days. Very frustrated right now anf not sure what’s going on .
my husband is on his 2nd week of working for UPS as a package handler (3 a.m.-9 a.m. shift) How did you get signed up to be a package car driver? He has been texting HR to get on the list and HR man has not responded to his texts.

No1 Special

Long time listener, first time caller.
my husband is on his 2nd week of working for UPS as a package handler (3 a.m.-9 a.m. shift) How did you get signed up to be a package car driver? He has been texting HR to get on the list and HR man has not responded to his

my husband is on his 2nd week of working for UPS as a package handler (3 a.m.-9 a.m. shift) How did you get signed up to be a package car driver? He has been texting HR to get on the list and HR man has not responded to his texts.
They usually ask about week 3 if you want drive