My center manager changed my start time to make me look late

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Yours, for one.

Central Region Supplement

Article 12 Section 2

Any employee may be required to report to work before his/her regular starting time and in such event, he/she shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) times his/her regular straight-time hourly rate for all hours worked before his/her regular starting time in addition to the employee’s regular guarantee.

While this language is correct it is not what is being discussed here.

Start times are not set in stone and are adjusted as needed. 24 hours notice is required for start time changes of 1 hour or less while 72 hours notice is required for those changes of more than an hour so, yes, they can tell you at this morning's PCM (or via a notice taped to the DIAD charging rack) that tomorrow's start time has been changed.

542thruNthru

Also why are you starting so late? Are you a 22.4?

isn’t start time not supposed to be no later than 9am

No later than 9? Never heard that before. They changed all out start times to 9:30am this week in my center with a nice little note on the start times. "If preload is done early you may start early". So idiots are showing up at 845am and standing around hoping to start early.

542thruNthru

While this language is correct it is not what is being discussed here.

Start times are not set in stone and are adjusted as needed. 24 hours notice is required for start time changes of 1 hour or less while 72 hours notice is required for those changes of more than an hour so, yes, they can tell you at this morning's PCM (or via a notice taped to the DIAD charging rack) that tomorrow's start time has been changed.

Maybe where you were. In the Western start times are posted on Friday the week before and can not be changed. If you are forced to start early they must pay you OT.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Maybe where you were. In the Western start times are posted on Friday the week before and can not be changed. If you are forced to start early they must pay you OT.

Just prior to retiring we were at 9 on Mondays and 9:30 the rest of the week. At that point we had not started Saturday ground. There were numerous instances where they would tell us on Tuesday that we would either be starting earlier or later on Wednesday.

Other than for hazmat or other required training which dictated that we start early, we were never "forced" to start early. There were days when the preload was wrapped that we were "allowed" to start early.

542thruNthru

Just prior to retiring we were at 9 on Mondays and 9:30 the rest of the week. At that point we had not started Saturday ground. There were numerous instances where they would tell us on Tuesday that we would either be starting earlier or later on Wednesday.

Other than for hazmat or other required training which dictated that we start early, we were never "forced" to start early. There were days when the preload was wrapped that we were "allowed" to start early.

The same applies if we are forced to start later. They would have to pay us OT for the amount of time difference.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yours, for one.

Central Region Supplement

Article 12 Section 2

Any employee may be required to report to work before his/her regular starting time and in such event, he/she shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) times his/her regular straight-time hourly rate for all hours worked before his/her regular starting time in addition to the employee’s regular guarantee.

Now, I am really scratching my head.

I always assumed you were in the Central....

But, you're not ?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
No later than 9? Never heard that before. They changed all out start times to 9:30am this week in my center with a nice little note on the start times. "If preload is done early you may start early". So idiots are showing up at 845am and standing around hoping to start early.
I just found the language. It’s up here in the jc 28 rider. Not western region. My bad.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
57BBC1D0-03DD-4AD7-BCF8-DBDED7FD73C3.jpeg
So using your "logic" I could punch in at 1759 and get OT for the rest of my shift.
That’s correct, refer to section B

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes.

Why are you guys off road so early?
I don’t think you are understanding the purpose of that language.

not only do we have defined start time language, we have defined overtime language to keep the company from imposing late start times.

it’s also an incentive for people who have doctors appointments or whatever to come into work late instead of just calling out for the day.

but like I said. We start at 9am or earlier based on posted start time and receive o.t. After 8 hours regardless of that language. So we’re are already making o.t. Prior to 6pm anyways.