My center manager changed my start time to make me look late

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
We are talking about a timely announced change in start time.
They are trying to tell you that it doesn't work that way in the Central Region:

upload_2020-4-27_19-58-8.png

The one in the real world.

The only requirement when changing start times was 24 hours if the change in time was less than an hour and 72 hours if the change was an hour or more.
Can you post the supplemental contract language.... that states that ?
I could but I don't really care enough about it and since I have zero respect for you that means I really don't want to do it.
You claim to "not care", or "respect" anybody here enough to validate your position with language from the Upstate NY Supplement?

At least you are consistent,....consistently full of :bsbullf:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You may be, but that's not what the OP asked.

He said his DIAD showed a start time of 9:20, and he clocked in before 9:20, but he was shown late.

He never asked anything about an announced start time change.
....nor do we know if the OP was subject to the flimsy Upstate NY Article 53 language?

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
Just prior to retiring we were at 9 on Mondays and 9:30 the rest of the week. At that point we had not started Saturday ground. There were numerous instances where they would tell us on Tuesday that we would either be starting earlier or later on Wednesday.

Other than for hazmat or other required training which dictated that we start early, we were never "forced" to start early. There were days when the preload was wrapped that we were "allowed" to start early.
How in the world did they communicate that to all 15 drivers in your satellite kiosk?

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yours, for one.

Central Region Supplement

Article 12 Section 2

Any employee may be required to report to work before his/her regular starting time and in such event, he/she shall be paid at the rate of one and one-half (1 1/2) times his/her regular straight-time hourly rate for all hours worked before his/her regular starting time in addition to the employee’s regular guarantee.

The only time I've seen that language applied, is when employees (drivers) are

in the building prior to their start time and are given the green light to start.

Prior to that, is when half a preload shift called off before a holiday and the company

started calling in drivers early. I've never heard of a case where the company tried

to discipline someone for it.

I probably should have said..."ours, for one"

I didn't think I was wrong.

I can even remember you posted the Local #.