My Contract Impact Statement

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Unbelievable. Lol! That's just taking advantage of people that don't know any better. They really are so eager to get this contract passed so they can celebrate the concessions.
It's crazy. The guys at my building are so excited about it, all talking about voting yes at the cook out so they can get a free hamburger. I've been trying to talk sense to them but it's like they've all been brainwashed.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
It's crazy. The guys at my building are so excited about it, all talking about voting yes at the cook out so they can get a free hamburger. I've been trying to talk sense to them but it's like they've all been brainwashed.

i've been telling people the same thing and they don't care. They won't vote. It's better than preloading is the excuse. I'm pretty cool with one of the driver supervisors, and I just tell him it's not a career. Sure, maybe you can make $40 an hour in four years, have no transferable skills unless again you're feeder which will also die out. UPS is :censored2:in us again and maybe the last time. More likely I'd get $24 an hour doing the same thing in their 2nd tier driver position. Make $22 at my other job in AC with better prospects. :censored2: the cow and tow act. They can take this :censored2: ass contract and eat it

MattM

The chart or graph is laughable. Over time value growth charts are total eye candy horse crap. Only really ever done to trick people who see colors and the bars rising each year.

This feels more realistic for me anyways.
9BF8D903-2568-4975-8A60-460238F87BB7.jpeg

But that's not really graph worthy. Only statistical manipulators would add prior years to year five.

For pension, the chart goes up $1040 each year. For my above example, it would be a straight line
2F82A854-8B1B-4D7E-BD0C-1A29B36EA776.jpeg

Realistically, I don't even think this beats out inflation.
The wage impact chart above doesn't look so great now does it. Not worth having pop ups and new links drawn to.

Nice try corporate. Their graph is a nice window into their deceptive ways. It would be nice if our wages worked like that. $.70 year one and year two we get both the $.70 and the $.75. That's what their extra value of the life of the contract is tricking our eyes into seeing.

Last edited:

vvv

Brother, I thought the first time you were making a joke and being sarcastic. Now you mention the voting/cookout scenario again and I have to ask.....are you goofing around or being serious?

I know we are surrounded by idiots nowadays, but I'm shaking my head here if this is legit in any way possible.
If so go there and stick their heads one by one on the hot grill and brand their faces with grill marks so we know who's ass to repeatedly kick moving forward.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
The chart or graph is laughable. Over time value growth charts are total eye candy horse crap. Only really ever done to trick people who see colors and the bars rising each year.

This feels more realistic for me anyways.
View attachment 204181
But that's not really graph worthy. Only statistical manipulators would add prior years to year five.

For pension, the chart goes up $1040 each year. For my above example, it would be a straight line
View attachment 204183

Realistically, I don't even think this beats out inflation.
The wage impact chart above doesn't look so great now does it. Not worth having pop ups and new links drawn to.

Nice try corporate. Their graph is a nice window into their deceptive ways. It would be nice if our wages worked like that. $.70 year one and year two we get both the $.70 and the $.75. That's what their extra value of the life of the contract is tricking our eyes into seeing.

Depends on the Local as well. Some Locals participate in Teamcare which will require certain additional amounts per year. I think the first 3 years was 50 cents every year. Other Locals have their own plan or group plan which may require more or less that that. It's the same with pension. Some plans like Western don't need additional money while others need the increase as part of their recovery plan if they are in the yellow or red. Tough to treat every Local the same when negotiating.

CoffeeStainedUniform

Depends on the Local as well. Some Locals participate in Teamcare which will require certain additional amounts per year. I think the first 3 years was 50 cents every year. Other Locals have their own plan or group plan which may require more or less that that. It's the same with pension. Some plans like Western don't need additional money while others need the increase as part of their recovery plan if they are in the yellow or red. Tough to treat every Local the same when negotiating.
How do you find out the health of your pension?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Brother, I thought the first time you were making a joke and being sarcastic. Now you mention the voting/cookout scenario again and I have to ask.....are you goofing around or being serious?

I know we are surrounded by idiots nowadays, but I'm shaking my head here if this is legit in any way possible.
If so go there and stick their heads one by one on the hot grill and brand their faces with grill marks so we know who's ass to repeatedly kick moving forward.
Just making a joke brother ;)

Days

Oh man, this made me laugh so much it hurts

browned out

I don't see the graph based on UPS cutting OT and cutting routes on Mondays and Tuesdays. I guess ups forgot to send it to me.

It works out to be a full time driver that loses average OT hours will LOSE $25,000 the 1st year. $27,500 the 2nd year.....

The average driver stands to lose about $150,000 over the 5 year contract.

No Graph For That.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Now download the current "Central States" chart to see why the IBT/UPS Central Plan pays peanuts compared to the Western Conference (PEER 80).

Are they seriously saying that they paying annually into EVERY full timer's Pension and Health and Welfare plan over 40,000 dollars each. Then why has my pension benefit not increased since the 2002 Contract, in other words who's skimming the pot?

Are the members under the IBT/UPS (Central )getting the same monetary contributions per Article 34 as those under (PEER 80)? Just try to get an official answer on that one, I dare you and better yet get it in writing.

It would be interesting to see if the part timers got a similar message and chart reading and compare them.

JustDeliverIt

I was looking at my impact chart and they have it all screwed up. I'm red circled in progression for the next two years yet they gave me a raise somehow. They wouldn't be trying to pad the numbers for me, would they?