We got a new dog back in March, her name is Molly and she is a 7 yr old Beagle. We learned something new about Molly today, and that is that she is absolutely terrified of fireworks. Early this afternoon, the jackass neighbor that lives behind us started lighting off some of those M-80's that are so loud they rattle the windows. They are illegal in Oregon, but perfectly legal to buy from the fireworks stands up in Washington only 45 minutes north of here so pretty much everybody has the damn things anyway. Our other two dogs have never had a problem with fireworks at all, but when those M-80's went off poor Molly panicked and started whining and cowering and shivering and trying to hide behind the couch. Our vetrinarians office was closed for the holiday but fortunately he happened to be in there on an emergency call, so when I explained the situation he let me come down and pick up a bottle of Valium for her. I gave her 20 milligrams a little while ago, and even with the M-80's and bottle rockets going off like crazy outside she is currently sound asleep, lying flat on her back and snoring, with her toungue hanging out and a little puddle of drool forming on her pillow. That Valium must be pretty good stuff!