My first couple days at UPS.

100% Trace

When I sign in, I keep seeing that I'm approved for 3.25 hours or 3.29 hours and I end up working for 5 or 6 hours. This was only my first week but I'm just wondering if my driver's boss will yell at him one day and next week tell me I can only work that day's hours for sure lol.

I never pay attention to the "approved" hours unless it is less than 3.00. All drivers need to understand all helpers are guaranteed 3.00 hrs regardless what that sheet says. If you want you helper back, you'll make sure he or she gets at least that. As far as working longer. I never ask. I always keep mine til I'm done. Haven't heard a word yet about it and have had one since November 1st everyday. I'd rather keep em til I'm done and ask for forgiveness later.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I never pay attention to the "approved" hours unless it is less than 3.00. All drivers need to understand all helpers are guaranteed 3.00 hrs regardless what that sheet says. If you want you helper back, you'll make sure he or she gets at least that. As far as working longer. I never ask. I always keep mine til I'm done. Haven't heard a word yet about it and have had one since November 1st everyday. I'd rather keep em til I'm done and ask for forgiveness later.
Seasonal employees have no guarantees.

HardknocksUPSer

My helper is raking in $9.50/hr. He's fantastic. Worth way more than that. Will be compensating him well near the end.
Exactly, that running to 190 stops a day and running the Diad board all day is deffinately worth more than 9.50$ IMO I make it to where my driver doesn't break a sweat, he doesn't has to do anything but drive me from stop to stop and sort his shelfs while I run.

100% Trace

Not here...they get nothing and like it.

Article 52 in Atlantic area supplement guarantees helpers that. If not it's no wonder UPS can't keep any helpers working them 1 hr or 2 a day. Who wants to waste time like that?
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1417990617.896289.jpg

UPSJedi2112

I blast Rush in my truck.
My helper was approved for 1.99 on Thursday. Didn't really need him at all, but he saved my bacon the day before. Kept him 3.99 that day. Approved for 3.99 on Friday, kept him 7.99. Won't hear a word about it.

GeaugaDog

Wow I couldn't imagine doing the helper job for $9 or $9.50/hour. It's $15/hour where I'm at. Nice thing is I don't even really have to worry about using the diad, my driver scans the packages with it before handing them to me.

TheNewKid

Wow I couldn't imagine doing the helper job for $9 or $9.50/hour. It's $15/hour where I'm at. Nice thing is I don't even really have to worry about using the diad, my driver scans the packages with it before handing them to me.
Better to learn the Diad fully now than later.

GeaugaDog

I've completed some stops on it for my first day when I had a fill-in driver. So Im ok with it but generally I don't need to bother using it on the route I'm helping on. I don't get dropped off on my own to do say 4-5 stops all at once where I would definitely need to know it 100% though.