My hands are clean!

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I don't care how hot it is the :censored2: that's on these packages isn't the kind of stuff I want on my hands. No thanks. Never had a problem with sweaty hands either.
I remember when I used to load feeders and a bag of toner went up in a black cloud as I tossed it up on top of a wall of packages. Every package you could see was just black. The ceiling of the trailer was black. The floor was black. I couldn't imagine unloading it or having to deliver those packages.

Next time that comes to mind is when my finger got smashed by old school rollers in a trailer and they were out of band-aids. Sup told me to go back to work. I realized I was bleeding all over packages so went back out and told the PT sup to kiss my ass then told the wall sup I was going home and if they didn't have some type of bandaids when I came in the next day I was calling OSHA. All the first aid kids were stocked the next day.

Next example...While working in the unload I noticed the quality of people was somewhat questionable. Some guys would spit right on the floor of the trailer or do the one nostril snot onto the floor. Imagine how many packages got those bodily fluids all over them.

Final thing that comes to mind is when I was an incompatible train driver. I picked up a big package that had some sticky stuff that had leaked onto it. It smelled like cinnamon and holy :censored2: it burned like crazy and turned the skin all red. That crap had spilled on a bunch of packages and everyone who came in contact with one of those packages got a chemical burn and had to go try to wash it off.

The above are reasons I try to wear gloves whenever possible.

I remember when I used to load feeders and a bag of toner went up in a black cloud as I tossed it up on top of a wall of packages. Every package you could see was just black. The ceiling of the trailer was black. The floor was black. I couldn't imagine unloading it or having to deliver those packages.

Next time that comes to mind is when my finger got smashed by old school rollers in a trailer and they were out of band-aids. Sup told me to go back to work. I realized I was bleeding all over packages so went back out and told the PT sup to kiss my ass then told the wall sup I was going home and if they didn't have some type of bandaids when I came in the next day I was calling OSHA. All the first aid kids were stocked the next day.

Next example...While working in the unload I noticed the quality of people was somewhat questionable. Some guys would spit right on the floor of the trailer or do the one nostril snot onto the floor. Imagine how many packages got those bodily fluids all over them.

Final thing that comes to mind is when I was an incompatible train driver. I picked up a big package that had some sticky stuff that had leaked onto it. It smelled like cinnamon and holy :censored2: it burned like crazy and turned the skin all red. That crap had spilled on a bunch of packages and everyone who came in contact with one of those packages got a chemical burn and had to go try to wash it off.

The above are reasons I try to wear gloves whenever possible.
I also never get cuts on my hands wearing gloves all the time at work.

browntroll

i wear gloves year round, i have heard the stories of ppl peeing in trailers and spitting on boxes.
i do get alot of thrash talking by other ppl saying im not a real man but i dont care since im not willing
to sink my hands on someone pissed stained box or a leaking hazmat. one of the guys that told me
only men dont wear gloves was the same idiot that got a little bit of skin burn from some industrial cleaner
that was leaking a few months ago, genius thought it would be ok to grab the leaking box off the belt.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Clean is a relative thing for me except when I'm on vacation. There's cracks in my skin that can't be cleaned without drawing blood.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I try to wear the nitrile gloves as much as I can, but it really is tough to wear them very long in warm weather. That and the fact they insist on buying the cheap TP-thin ones, so you spend half your time changing them and drying your hands before the next pair because they aren't powdered. Also occasional heat rash.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I try to wear the nitrile gloves as much as I can, but it really is tough to wear them very long in warm weather. That and the fact they insist on buying the cheap TP-thin ones, so you spend half your time changing them and drying your hands before the next pair because they aren't powdered. Also occasional heat rash.
I've never worn gloves in the 8 years I've been here. In the warm weather, my hands would turn into hot monkey ass soup. I'm thinking about wearing them this winter though..the cold weather and the box grime dries the hell out of them.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
CAM00166.jpg
My hands are not....lol