My kind of woman

moreluck

golden ticket member
Well, there's a club....L.A.B. (love a bimbo) except everyone keeps attending with their dogs....don't know why.

Why would I be kidding.....she's a cancer survivor.....that's a chemo hairstyle she's wearing.
She's the ex-CEO of Hewlitt Packard and she's going to kick Barbara Boxer's ass out of California politics in the next election!

She's got brains, she's a fighter & survivor, she's actually worked in the real world and........bimbo is not on her resume!
No, I'm not kidding.
Those are some very impressive attributes and I applaud her for being a survivor and I sure hope she does overcome Boxer as well. However, the HO CEO thing does not impress me much when it comes to defining a "real woman". If a man wants to be ignored, left on his own and basically pushed under the bus, all he has to do is get hooked up with a woman that is focused on a career. Woman that are eaten up by "making it" in the "man's world" have no time to be real women. JMHO. I know men do all those things also, but they shouldn't and I don't consider them "real men" either.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I doubt Carly Fiorina (or any successful woman) got to where she is by worrying about what some man thought a "real woman" should be doing with her life instead of trying to make it in a "mans world". I don't necessarily agree with her politics, but she looks real enough to me. I think she would have made a far better VP choice than Palin, to be honest.

I doubt Carly Fiorina (or any successful woman) got to where she is by worrying about what some man thought a "real woman" should be doing with her life instead of trying to make it in a "mans world". I don't necessarily agree with her politics, but she looks real enough to me. I think she would have made a far better VP choice than Palin, to be honest.
Thank you for helping to make my point.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Well, if you want a woman that thinks more of her career than she does you, knock your self out.
I want a smart, ambitious woman who has her own goals and interests that she's passionate about. Lucky for me, that's exactly what I got. Or she got me, however you want to call it :happy2:

I want a smart, ambitious woman who has her own goals and interests that she's passionate about. Lucky for me, that's exactly what I got. Or she got me, however you want to call it :happy2:
Jonesy, if that works for you, I've got no problem with it. Maybe I'm weak, I want (and I have) a woman that I can feel without doubt that if it came to it, her ambition, goals and passionate interests would take a back seat to what is best for our lives. I give the same to her. You seem to think I am suggesting that a wife should totally subject herself to a man's whims and desires, nothing could be further from the truth. My point is that a "real woman" nor a "real man" would put carrer ahead of their relationship.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Jonesy, if that works for you, I've got no problem with it. Maybe I'm weak, I want (and I have) a woman that I can feel without doubt that if it came to it, her ambition, goals and passionate interests would take a back seat to what is best for our lives. I give the same to her. You seem to think I am suggesting that a wife should totally subject herself to a man's whims and desires, nothing could be further from the truth. My point is that a "real woman" nor a "real man" would put carrer ahead of their relationship.
I don't think you're weak at all, and I can agree with you that I certainly would not want my wife to choose her career over me, assuming that it ever came down to that. But that's really more about me than it is about her. If she made that choice I don't think it would mean she was any less of a real woman, it would just mean that I wasn't the right guy for her, and vice versa. Where I disagree with you is that you seem to be implying that anyone who puts their career ahead of a relationship is a lesser person for that choice. I think people should do what makes them feel happy, and if that means working 80 hours a week and living alone then so be it. People are complex and different, and personal fullfilment can come from a variety of sources. I'm more of a 20 hour a week guy, but if everyone was like that then nothing would ever get done :happy-very:

I don't think you're weak at all, and I can agree with you that I certainly would not want my wife to choose her career over me, assuming that it ever came down to that. But that's really more about me than it is about her.

That sounds a little selfish to me, when either partner begins to feel that it is all about them they are missing the whole idea of being in a relationship.

If she made that choice I don't think it would mean she was any less of a real woman, it would just mean that I wasn't the right guy for her, and vice versa.
That kind of suggests that marriage is nothing more than going steady in high school. The concept of marriage is that it creates a single entity from two individuals that share common goals and work together to achieve them. Real men and real women don't take that commitment lightly, some don't take it nearly as serious as they vowed to do.
Where I disagree with you is that you seem to be implying that anyone who puts their career ahead of a relationship is a lesser person for that choice. I think people should do what makes them feel happy, and if that means working 80 hours a week and living alone then so be it.
IMO, they should not have entered into a relationship. To clarify, when I say relationship I mean a committed union. I try to not exclusively use the trem marriage because many non married couples are as committed as married couples.
People are complex and different, and personal fullfilment can come from a variety of sources.
I agree with that, however once one brings another person into the mix with declarations of love and devotion, it can no longer just be about one person.
I'm more of a 20 hour a week guy, but if everyone was like that then nothing would ever get done :happy-very:
I have to admit that I sure haven't gotten much done lately myself. I do my honeydos on a fluctuating schedule.
To wrap up my thoughts on this: I feel that real men and real women, when in a committed relationship, do everything they can to make their chosen mate as happy as possible and if they are not willing to do that, they lose the right to the title of "Real".