My supervisors are creating dangerous work conditions

I was a Supervisor for 9 plus years, Peak in our hub was all hands on deck. My crew was awesome and I was rarely ever critiqued by hourlys or management. I know not all sups lead by example. Sounds like you have issues with this individual. Get your union rep and talk to them and address. However peak where I worked was the time we all helped .

You say "we all helped" but what you mean to say is "we did not meet our article 3 section 7 responsibilities".

Article 18, possibly. They may respond by telling you it's your job to clear egress. What's your history with the supervisor? Any way you could claim harassment?

I don't have much of a history with this sup and could not claim harassment. I do clear egress I just don't want them to create dangerous situations unnecessarily. I take my safety very seriously and am not going to put myself in danger bc mgmt won't do their job properly. I looked through article 18 and don't see anything that specifically deals with my situation. I'm just gonna file 3.7s and detail their reckless behavior.

It's cool. I'm used to hearing little millenials whine and cry. No way to get them to man up for one freakin month...

Yep, bc everyone knows being a big tough man means letting soft bodied donut dunkers take advantage of you bc making them look good to their bosses is more important than rational self-interest. You're such a pathetic little thing.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I'll gladly abide by the rules during peak. Just know when you're buried and I have 8 guys call out, you're on your own.

I can't advance packages after all.
You act like those packages have his name on them. One benefit of being hourly is our unbridled ability to let management fall on their faces and watch the show.

km3

are you talking about loading trailers @ 330 pph??

are you on a training belt???????????????

330 is way above average here. The fastest loaders in my building can maintain an average of about 450/hr through the night.

Most people get about 230.

km3

back in the early 90's, 600 was MAR

My building is way over capacity every day of the year. You spend more time breaking jams than you do loading. Also, I could maintain 800-1000 if I didn't have to scan every package. That's a huge handicap right there.

over9five

Staff member
I've talked to management about getting some safe rooms for millennial loaders who start panicking a bit about egress during Peak.
They'll be able to curl up in a little ball for a few minutes... pretend they're back in the womb.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I've talked to management about getting some safe rooms for millennial loaders who start panicking a bit about egress during Peak.
They'll be able to curl up in a little ball for a few minutes... pretend they're back in the womb.
Come on man.. You're better than this....take the high road..

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I've got supervisors who are not only working, but doing so dangerously. Breaking jams without asking if I have room in my trailer, blocking my egress with irregs, etc. Do I just file a regular supervisor working grievance and detail how they aren't even working properly, or is there a different article/section I should file under?
Stop being a slacker and work faster!