Regarding Grievances For Supervisors Working

BrownTurd23

So to my understanding Supervisors aren't supposed to be moving packages. But what about clearing jams, moving iregs, etc. There's never teamsters clearing the jams on the other belt. Should they be? Or is this a supervisors job?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
So to my understanding Supervisors aren't supposed to be moving packages. But what about clearing jams, moving iregs, etc. There's never teamsters clearing the jams on the other belt. Should they be? Or is this a supervisors job?
They shouldn’t be touching ANY package…unless it’s their own when they are in the bathroom taking a crap for 1/2 the shift like some of them have been known to do.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
If you make $21/hr as a hubrat that’s just starting out, that makes it $84/hr for every hour the supe works after 3 occurrences in a 9 month period which is equal to $1.40/minute. If you grieve them for 10-11 minutes each day working your guarantee it’s as if you’re getting paid ~$25/hr which is what I desired. Don’t drop the bag and make your money, just make sure to read the grievance procedure because here we gotta give them a heads up before we can file unfortunately. I made $1k my last grievance check and I would write them up every time they broke a jam, opened trailer doors, set up the work area, bringing pito carts, you get the gist of it. That’s all considered our work, and they almost never exhaust all options anyway.

Thebrownblob

They should not be forwarding the progress of packages at all.

Thebrownblob

Pop quiz hotshot... What if the belt's in reverse?
1706279451803.gif

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If it has to do with safety they can, that's really the only exception

BrownTurd23

After speaking to a steward again he laid it all out and told me what to write. So it seems pretty cut and dry. Lots of the other teamsters I work with don't really seem to care about safety issues that much it seems. Letting stuff pile on the floor, and basically letting the supervisors letting them walk all over them. People in thus building seem pretty anti union. Now I'm pretty cool with all the supervisors but Its a job after all so I'm definitely filing.

The biggest issue seems to be tracking all of this. Is it advised just to use a notepad and stopwatch? They've told us straight up don't use phones and are cracking down as much as they can on everything.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
After speaking to a steward again he laid it all out and told me what to write. So it seems pretty cut and dry. Lots of the other teamsters I work with don't really seem to care about safety issues that much it seems. Letting stuff pile on the floor, and basically letting the supervisors letting them walk all over them. People in thus building seem pretty anti union. Now I'm pretty cool with all the supervisors but Its a job after all so I'm definitely filing.

The biggest issue seems to be tracking all of this. Is it advised just to use a notepad and stopwatch? They've told us straight up don't use phones and are cracking down as much as they can on everything.
I use Siri to write down any time a supe works just to get the time stamp. File for harassment (NMAUPS Art. 37) and union discrimination (NMAUPS Art. 21) if they don’t let you use a notepad and bury them. I would also tell the steward to do a brief investigation around the hub if you see them working to bait them with a violation of a stewards right to perform an investigation on supervisors working (NMAUPS Art. 4). Also, you can use workday on UPSers to find the names of your management team if they want to be asses and not hand out their name. Oh and if they do that, file on them for not wearing a nametag (NMAUPS Art. 20) since they want to act like a bundle of sticks.

Last edited:

freehoodies

I use Siri to write down any time a supe works just to get the time stamp. File for harassment (NMAUPS Art. 37) and union discrimination (NMAUPS Art. 21) if they don’t let you use a notepad and bury them. I would also tell the steward to do a brief investigation around the hub if you see them working to bait them with a violation of a stewards right to perform an investigation on supervisors working (NMAUPS Art. 4). Also, you can use workday on UPSers to find the names of your management team if they want to be asses and not hand out their name. Oh and if they do that, file on them for not wearing a nametag (NMAUPS Art. 20) since they want to act like a bundle of sticks.
This guy reads his contracts 😎

BrownTurd23

I appreciate the help. They already owe so much its crazy. I took to calling my local union a couple days ago because my supes can never get ahold of any steward. How convenient they sent him home early before I could talk to them. I'll chat again tomorrow because this BS from supes is going to end. I don't care how friendly my supes act towards me, don't mess with my pay.