NAACP

wkmac

"Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one’s thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. It is the right which they first of all strike down." ~ Frederick Douglass

To the NAACP, The Tea Party and everyone else concerned:

"I know no class of my fellowmen, however just, enlightened, and humane, which can be wisely and safely trusted absolutely with the liberties of any other class." ~ Frederick Douglass

and

“Liberty, then, is the sovereignty of the individual, and never shall man know liberty until each and every individual is acknowledged to be the only legitimate sovereign of his or her person, time, and property, each living and acting at his own cost.”~ Josiah Warren

also

"If ever a man is to achieve anything like dignity, it can happen only if superior men are given absolute freedom to think what they want to think and say what they want to say." ~ H.L. Mencken

concluding

"The only guarantee of the Bill of Rights which continues to have any force and effect is the one prohibiting quartering troops on citizens in time of peace. All the rest have been disposed of by judicial interpretation and legislative whittling." ~ H.L. Mencken

"Democracy is the art of running the circus from the monkey cage." ~ H.L. Mencken

"The only difference between the Democrats and the Republicans is that the Democrats allow the poor to be corrupt, too." ~ Oscar Levant

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Eric%20Holders%20Black%20Panthers.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Today the New York Times offers a correction relating to this incident, but it is a limited one at best:
The Political Times column last Sunday, about a generational divide over racial attitudes, erroneously linked one example of a racially charged statement to the Tea Party movement. While Tea Party supporters have been connected to a number of such statements, there is no evidence that epithets reportedly directed in March at Representative John Lewis, Democrat of Georgia, outside the Capitol, came from Tea Party members.

What , Then who did mention those nasty words ?

UPS Lifer

I really don't see why people think Fox News isn't news. You do know that the Hannity, O'reilly, Beck and shows like that are opinion.....the opinion of the star of the show.

On the regular newscasts I always see a Juan Williams to balance out Michelle Malkin. There's always an Allan Colmes countering Dick Morris.

On the other news shows, it's all one sided. Most didn't even cover the new black panther story. Not at first anyway. They only praise Obama. Not at all balanced.

I like the news reporting at Fox. I hate the non-personalities at CNN like Anderson Cooper. I can't stand the other station with Chris Matthews (dork).

I read my local newspaper and I listen to Fox news. It works for me.

Amen! - I also read the USA Today. It is owned by a left winger BUT I feel they report stories in a fair and balanced way AND you get a Reader's Digest version of the story usually with some unusual slant or stats. JMHO...

bbsam

Staff member
Amen! - I also read the USA Today. It is owned by a left winger BUT I feel they report stories in a fair and balanced way AND you get a Reader's Digest version of the story usually with some unusual slant or stats. JMHO...

If you google Jon Stewart explains Fox News, there is a very funny 11 minute clip that explains it far better and funnier than I could. No need to agree, but treat yourself to some comic fun.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I just heard bits & pieces of Al Sharpton speaking today....his ranting and raving promotes a bigger divide between the races.

"We've made progress but we still have a long way to go" (I paraphrase)

How much is enough, Al?

He said, "The others complain about our marching, yet they're having a march of their own."

Others, AL?? He's a racist!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Al’s Rally – Was It A Dud?
The Washington Post had so-called live coverage of the Sharpton event throughout the day. Their latest entries:
Updated 3:56 pm: The intersection of Independence Avenue and 17th street was a crossroads of expressions and participants from both events came together.
As one group of black women chanted “Yes we did and get over it,” those part of the Glenn Beck rally clapped and passed out Restore the Honor bottles of water. But Brett Cummings of Gordon Ga wasn’t happy. “Look at the statement if we had all come together as one.” Katheryn Travis who came to Beck Rally from Knoxville Tenn was almost in tears. “Dr King wanted all of us to come together. We have to believe that.”
Robert Pierre
- – -
When the Sharpton rally reached the mall, most of the crowd from Beck’s rally had begun to disperse. Those remaining, mostly smiled politely. “We love Obama! We like Obama!” those in Sharpton’s rally yelled. “Glen Beck, we’re going to show you. We ain’t going to let Glenn Beck turn us around,” one man shouted into a mega phone. The crowd followed him. A few people took photos as they chanted and walked down Constitution Avenue. “We need to be shouting ‘we are America,’” said one woman in Sharpton’s rally. “See all those tea baggers.” The two crowds mostly gawked at each other and smiled.
Krissah Thompson

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Dr. Alveda King – niece of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – appearing today at Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” Rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck introduced King, and she then told the crowd she was thankful that Beck had used his popularity to put on an event about “restoring honor” – focused on “the content of our character and not the color of our skin.”
King stood near the place where her uncle delivered his historic “I Have a Dream” Speech 47 years ago today, and declared “I too have a dream.”

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Eh, Beck's rally seemed pretty innocuous to me, more of a shout out to religion than anything else at least from the excepts I've seen/read. The herd seemed fairly peaceful:

browndevil

Dr. Alveda King – niece of the late Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. – appearing today at Glenn Beck’s “Restoring Honor” Rally at the Lincoln Memorial. Beck introduced King, and she then told the crowd she was thankful that Beck had used his popularity to put on an event about “restoring honor” – focused on “the content of our character and not the color of our skin.”
King stood near the place where her uncle delivered his historic “I Have a Dream” Speech 47 years ago today, and declared “I too have a dream.”
http://weaselzippers.us/

Dr Alveda King is known to be the blacksheep of the King family. Sorry I don't have much respect or give her much credibility. She in no way exemplifiies the thought of MLK. Hey, but she does have a right to to her own opinion.

moreluck

golden ticket member
The words of Al Sharpton were something like......they have the location, but we have the dream. He just cause rifts!! MLK spoke to all people.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
The words of Al Sharpton were something like......they have the location, but we have the dream. He just cause rifts!! MLK spoke to all people.

Beck says it was a "coincidence" that the day of the rally fell on the King speech anniversary. That's crap, and this whole event was intended to put a scare into the room temperature IQ people who follow and adore Beck and Palin. Ever listen to Beck's version of Manifest Destiny, which I believe he calls "Divine Provenance"? This guy is just plain crazy, and also a born-again Mormon trying to spread his warped version of what it means to be a Christian. He's dangerous, because a lot of people actually listen to him. The "crazy train" has a new engineer, and his name is Beck.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Video: National Mall Spotless After 300K Strong Glenn Beck Rally…

Download:
FLVMP43GP
Compare that to the supposed Mother Earth-loving libs, who left behind 100 tons of trash after Obama’s inauguration…
The scene looked more like the leftovers of a massive college frat party.
Heaps of plastic bottles, food wrappers, soda cans, and newspapers, which blanketed the National Mall Wednesday morning, were a stark contrast to the stateliness and splendor of President Barack Obama’s inaugural ceremony a day before.
One hundred tons of trash were collected by city and federal sanitation workers, according to Department of Public Works public information officer Linda Grant.

In comparison, 40 tons of garbage were collected in New York City’s Time Square on New Year’s Day 2009 — after one million people attended the celebration — according to the city’s Department of Sanitation.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Video: National Mall Spotless After 300K Strong Glenn Beck Rally…

Download:
FLVMP43GP
Compare that to the supposed Mother Earth-loving libs, who left behind 100 tons of trash after Obama’s inauguration…
The scene looked more like the leftovers of a massive college frat party.
Heaps of plastic bottles, food wrappers, soda cans, and newspapers, which blanketed the National Mall Wednesday morning, were a stark contrast to the stateliness and splendor of President Barack Obama’s inaugural ceremony a day before.
One hundred tons of trash were collected by city and federal sanitation workers, according to Department of Public Works public information officer Linda Grant.

In comparison, 40 tons of garbage were collected in New York City’s Time Square on New Year’s Day 2009 — after one million people attended the celebration — according to the city’s Department of Sanitation.

So what. The Left is full of hypocrites too. My point was that Beck is crazy.