nashville ice

ManInBrown

i do appreciate this not being deleted. I cant just shake this job off. I signed up for a driver job umder the impression that I would be crushed in training. I wanted to appreciate everyone and felt very fortunate- even with the 22.4 cons - to be a driver so soon and possibly start a new career in my mid 30's. Im also human and humans get tired and when something goes wrong thats why theres a multi billion dollar alarm industry. Also ran by humans. So, redirect any vitriol to the parties in charge. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I had over 10k stops under my belt. Without an alarm how could i know theres a problem?

11.19igrad

I just hope you get the help you need man. This clearly isn’t a healthy response.
ok what is? what would your response be? your job is gone and you constantly have flashbacks of your truck rolling and wondering what if the worse happened? and no one cares everyone just thinks everything is funny! so plz, tell me what a healthy response entales. im gonna whip up a kale smoothie to get ready! 🤨🤨

El Correcto

god is dead
They are predicting more winter storms tonight.
I bought 120lbs of pool salt and salted the middle of the hill I live on down to my driveway. Cost me like $25 curious to see if it pays off.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
your job is gone and you constantly have flashbacks of your truck rolling and wondering what if the worse happened?
Like I said this is not healthy man. Sounds like you have PTSD. You need to seek help from a mental health professional.

I would have found another job and moved on with life.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
ok what is? what would your response be? your job is gone and you constantly have flashbacks of your truck rolling and wondering what if the worse happened? and no one cares everyone just thinks everything is funny! so plz, tell me what a healthy response entales. im gonna whip up a kale smoothie to get ready! 🤨🤨
Just keep repeating the following quote in your head...All’s well that ends well. It’s really that simple. The worst DIDN’T happen. Be grateful for that. You can’t change anything that happened, so get over it and move on. Good luck in your future endeavors.

11.19igrad

Just keep repeating the following quote in your head...All’s well that ends well. It’s really that simple. The worst DIDN’T happen. Be grateful for that. You can’t change anything that happened, so get over it and move on. Good luck in your future endeavors.
i get that. but its just amazing how ups is completely absolved of any blame here. its just amazing new drivers with no cdl dont deliver anything for a week in atlanta. its insane there arent more alarms with how fast we have to move. its insane and im tired of peoples willful insanity on such a big scale that we all just accept it and then scourge the little guy for speaking up about it.

MisplacedRailWorker

an absolute *ing disgrace of a human being.
i do appreciate this not being deleted. I cant just shake this job off. I signed up for a driver job umder the impression that I would be crushed in training. I wanted to appreciate everyone and felt very fortunate- even with the 22.4 cons - to be a driver so soon and possibly start a new career in my mid 30's. Im also human and humans get tired and when something goes wrong thats why theres a multi billion dollar alarm industry. Also ran by humans. So, redirect any vitriol to the parties in charge. 🤷🏽‍♂️ I had over 10k stops under my belt. Without an alarm how could i know theres a problem?
OK I’m liquored up and ready to go.

MisplacedRailWorker

i get that. but its just amazing how ups is completely absolved of any blame here. its just amazing new drivers with no cdl dont deliver anything for a week in atlanta. its insane there arent more alarms with how fast we have to move. its insane and im tired of peoples willful insanity on such a big scale that we all just accept it and then scourge the little guy for speaking up about it.
The railroad train me for three weeks. Gave me a signals test which I had to pass with at least a 99 out of 100… Next thing I knew I was switching rail cars and working as a qualified conductor on the Norfolk Southern. after walking for miles up and down a hot shot Intermodal train I climb up into the cabin and sit on the left seat next to the engineer… We monitor The infamous “TO“ which is trip optimizer: to the Lehman it looks like cruise control, but it’s purpose is not to automate the train operation, rather to conserve fuel. Which Class 1 RRs count like pennies.

sometimes, chip optimizer cuts out. With no alarm. If you are not “on it“, you will find yourself bumping the speed restriction given by two or 3 mph, and subsequently sitting in the managers office with your walking papers. There’s no alarm, it just shuts off and the train speeds up. You have to monitor it and you don’t have a choice to run it or not, if the locomotive is equipped with it, companies a man’s that you run it. And transportation we are given the God given responsibility Of being the “alarm” you claim is required to get the job done. We are the lifeline of safety for the general public solely due to the fact that as a professional in the transportation industry, we never simply trust, or just verify, but continually babysit and serve as a steward of life preservation for our fellow employees, customers, and the people who live along our line.
At railroaders, we take pride in moving America without incident and for your information it’s not $80 but 40 an hour, one day a month.

MisplacedRailWorker

The alarm that regulates speed is called your brain and vigilance. Two things that Brandon Bostian did not possess when he hired on as an Amtrak engineer after working for Target as a seasonal cashier. Just be grateful you didn’t slip through the cracks like he did, killing eight people and maiming 60. You’re only victim was a mailbox and probably a :censored2:ty one at that.
The best part? Mr. Bostian caused that entire accident stone cold sober.

MisplacedRailWorker

Believe it or not I’ve done much crazier :censored2:, like joining the Marine Corps… My best advice? Laugh with them because that’s all I do. Like I could give a :censored2: about any of the many mishaps I’ve had on road that I rectified without drawing national attention. Both within and before during and after my internment at UPS

MisplacedRailWorker

Believe it or not I’ve done much crazier *, like joining the Marine Corps… My best advice? Laugh with them because that’s all I do. Like I could give a * about any of the many mishaps I’ve had on road that I rectified without drawing national attention. Both within and before during and after my internment at UPS
Dragging a mall van more than 3 miles across MANHATTAN‘s 34th St. with the handbrake still engaged, fudging numbers on the application to get hired as a driver at the age of 20, sleeping with my ex-wife and getting away with it for more than two weeks until today when my girlfriend found out… I can go on

MisplacedRailWorker

I hope you bought some beer so when you can't get to work tomorrow you have something to drink
BE5C21EC-88AF-4541-AB1C-3795956540BE.jpeg

@floridays

MisplacedRailWorker

Believe it or not I’ve done much crazier *, like joining the Marine Corps… My best advice? Laugh with them because that’s all I do. Like I could give a * about any of the many mishaps I’ve had on road that I rectified without drawing national attention. Both within and before during and after my internment at UPS
Ask anyone in MANHATTAN SOUTH Houston/Greenwich about Tresseme, and you’ll hear the story of the guy who accidentally took the truck over the Brooklyn Bridge!