National Grievance panel decisions

22.34life

what the hell does commitee hold mean?no combo cases heard,not many cases won it looks like to me,exept the 800 hours for sups working.Seems like all the cases are lost or deadlocked or referred back to the local level.theres a few "the company will comply with article blah blah blah".from what i see at my hub if you get fired and dont get your job back on the local level you dont get it back,didnt used to be that way.

SWORDFISH

My buddy got a nice $4k check. Cha ching. Still waiting on my breaks grievance to get resolved since june 09 though. It was supposed to go to national tied in w/ somone elses bigger one but havnt seen a thing on it at all.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Doesn't look like they won anything, wonder how much of the members money was spent, on a florida trip, lodging, food, any extra activities, to come home with a response of " deadlocked" on about 80% of the grievances. How much it cost never seems to get posted.

It works both ways, how much did UPS spend on bringing the sups, managers on each grievance there only to have them deadlocked. A deadlock is not a loss for the union, a denied grievance is. A deadlock means the sides disagreed on the griveance and now the union has the option to arbitrate.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

what bldg u work out of?

The one that has this:

UPS-LOGO.jpg

on the front.

bluehdmc

It works both ways, how much did UPS spend on bringing the sups, managers on each grievance there only to have them deadlocked. A deadlock is not a loss for the union, a denied grievance is. A deadlock means the sides disagreed on the griveance and now the union has the option to arbitrate.

I had a BA say that he wanted some things to go all the way to arbitration, (apparently UPS will settle somethings outside the arbitrators). By getting a rulling from the arbitrator, it settles the issue once and for all. If the company acquieses outside the arbitrators and stops the process the company can later try the violations a second time.