National Strike Vote

If we go to strike for one local then so be it. The strength of a union comes from the solidarity of all of us rank and file. I'll walk for your fight and I have 4 kids at home. We have all had it to easy. The generations before us fought for what we have today, we can't let this 4billion profiting company to take anything back. When we struck in 97 the pilots stood there for us. We will all back you l89! Stand strong teamsters!

I
Slow down, Norma Rae. I would bet the vast majority of hourlies would not support a national strike.

Sent using BrownCafe App
I agree, the vast majority would not. But my question is why? I don't aspire to to strike but my point is to stick together. Numbers speak volumes and if they divide us they win. We have to be in this together!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I have heard thru the grapevine Local 89 dosent want to change Healthcare plans( from UPS to Teamster) and have found if they keep voting down the supplement they can delay changing plans . If this is indeed the case ,then in my opinion this local is selfishly manipulating the system

You mean UPS doesn't selfishly manipulate the system also.? I just wish we could get 70-80% to just vote. 20% is plain embarrassing.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I

I agree, the vast majority would not. But my question is why? I don't aspire to to strike but my point is to stick together. Numbers speak volumes and if they divide us they win. We have to be in this together!

Which will be the reason all the drivers will never lose their jobs at 804

Irishman Collins

Here is a concept I.B.T. how about listening to Pennsylvania, Ohio and Local 89 instead of trying to force feed them something that clearly they don't want. I mean after all aren't they participating in paying your salaries?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Stonefish

Here is a concept I.B.T. how about listening to Pennsylvania, Ohio and Local 89 instead of trying to force feed them something that clearly they don't want. I mean after all aren't they participating in paying your salaries?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Her pot kettles on line one

Anonymous 12

Non active member

Sent using BrownCafe App
I remember when we used to talk on the phone and you would call me Irish. It was a dead giveaway. Gump

20140311_082236.jpg

Ashell

Its not obvious, but not having a contract like we do now actually gives us a lot of power. Our HR is still telling new people they will be making 10$/hr starting. The new people come in and work for a few weeks and then quit when they don't see the money, or don't get the hours. Even people that have been working at our hub for years are quitting. If they don't have people to move the packages, they have problems. If you play the contract right and file your grievances, that 70 cent raise is nothing. (and you are still going to get it on top of everything else)

I support anyone voting no. Once peak rolls around again the company will have to give in because they wont be able to staff and the weather delay BS isn't going to cut it again next year.

Anonymous 12

Non active member
Where it says package car drivers. We used to have anything over $4400 and you got terminated and they got rid of this in the supplement. It's now unlimited and the over 9.5 penalty is triple time. The langue also got better.