National UPSers moment of silence for Frank Ordonez today (12/9/19) at 17:00 EST

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by The Driver, Dec 9, 2019.

1. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

moment.jpg

I can't confirm the authenticity of this but either way I think it's a good thing. Slow down and just think about our fallen brother.

I know I'm just as guilty as the worst of us to be so selfish and angry and impatient and frustrated and ungrateful. Thought this would be a good time to reflect on Frank Ordonez and what he left behind.

Be safe this peak, all.

RIP Frank.

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. over9five

over9five Moderator Staff Member

It says to try to pull over at 1700, and take your break with your 4 ways on.
    I will participate.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  3. InsideUPS

InsideUPS Active Member

Great post!

I still cannot believe how poorly the police handled this hostage situation! Watching this driver falling dead out his package car from a hail of bullets is sickening. A 27 year old father of two young children going to work to provide for his family never to return home. Not only was it a poor decision to engage in a shoot out with the robbers at this moment, the accuracy of their shots was so extremely poor it jeopardized even more innocent people stopped in traffic. This looks more like an attack from the mafia rather than "professionally trained police officers".

As "The Driver" posted, I do believe it is worth taking a moment to reflect on Frank Ordonez's life and family and appreciate everything you do have. Reading some of the petty issues in the Union forum pales in comparison to the lottery of life.

Full Video Link Myamii_Manager_HBE on Twitter

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 8.28.10 AM.png

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  4. UpstateNYUPSer

UpstateNYUPSer Well-Known Member

There is nothing about this on upsers.

As Over said, do the right thing and pull over with your 4 ways on to briefly show your respect.

5. Johney

Johney Well-Known Member

That picture looks like message's we get on the IVIS.

6. 542thruNthru

542thruNthru Well-Known Member

center manager gave a PCM this morning. Asking everyone to stop for 5 minutes with their hazards on and have a moment of silence at 2pm(5pm Florida time).

• Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  7. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

That is just crazy. Nothing Frank could have really done at that point. Your options are to stay in the truck and stay down which isn't good because the cops are firing at the guy in front of you. Other option try and escape moving through the line of fire.

8. cheryl

cheryl I started this. Staff Member

Ups Camden UK showing their support to Frank and his family this morning.

ups-camden.jpg

• Like Like x 10
    • Winner Winner x 6
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  9. Not one word mentioned here...

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  10. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

I’m planning on about 1 minute of silence.

11. Analbumcover

Analbumcover ControlPkgs

20191209_162435.jpg Anybody else get one of these? They haven't mentioned anything about him at the PCM so half our drivers don't even know what this is about

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  12. Nope

13. Returntosender

Returntosender Well-Known Member

768F31D4-CA5F-4B7C-9161-C4555BDF5624.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • List
  14. Wrong

Wrong :))

I would sit there for two hours on the clock. Frank would of wanted it that way.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  15. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

What a joke. Pretending they care, after thanking the police who murdered Frank. :censored2:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  16. OVERBOARD

OVERBOARD Active Member

78AB738D-2580-4AD3-BA81-F29163FCBAB4.jpeg Yup

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. upsbeernut

upsbeernut Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont

doesn't surprise me that nothing was said or a moment of silence was initiated. This company has lost its feeling for family, accidents, and death of a fellow employee. A man was crushed on the drop dock where I work in the middle of the afternoon and the managers told everyone to go back to work. I thought you were supposed to call a team of hardship people in to consul everyone so they don't have traumatic episodes later.

18. DumbTruckDriver

DumbTruckDriver Allergic to cardboard.

We got a message.

19. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

They dont even have the common courtesy to spell his name right. Anybody that has worked for this company for any period of time, knows that they couldnt care less about Frank. And that is a FACT

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  20. Just got that message now. Nothing like waiting till the last minute....