National UPSers moment of silence for Frank Ordonez today (12/9/19) at 17:00 EST

The Driver

I drive.
moment.jpg

I can't confirm the authenticity of this but either way I think it's a good thing. Slow down and just think about our fallen brother.

I know I'm just as guilty as the worst of us to be so selfish and angry and impatient and frustrated and ungrateful. Thought this would be a good time to reflect on Frank Ordonez and what he left behind.

Be safe this peak, all.

RIP Frank.

InsideUPS

View attachment 275247

I know I'm just as guilty as the worst of us to be so selfish and angry and impatient and frustrated and ungrateful. Thought this would be a good time to reflect on Frank Ordonez and what he left behind.

Be safe this peak, all.

RIP Frank.

Great post!

I still cannot believe how poorly the police handled this hostage situation! Watching this driver falling dead out his package car from a hail of bullets is sickening. A 27 year old father of two young children going to work to provide for his family never to return home. Not only was it a poor decision to engage in a shoot out with the robbers at this moment, the accuracy of their shots was so extremely poor it jeopardized even more innocent people stopped in traffic. This looks more like an attack from the mafia rather than "professionally trained police officers".

As "The Driver" posted, I do believe it is worth taking a moment to reflect on Frank Ordonez's life and family and appreciate everything you do have. Reading some of the petty issues in the Union forum pales in comparison to the lottery of life.

Full Video Link Myamii_Manager_HBE on Twitter

Screen Shot 2019-12-09 at 8.28.10 AM.png

Last edited:

542thruNthru

center manager gave a PCM this morning. Asking everyone to stop for 5 minutes with their hazards on and have a moment of silence at 2pm(5pm Florida time).

Indecisi0n

Great post!

I still cannot believe how poorly the police handled this hostage situation! Watching this driver falling dead out his package car from a hail of bullets is sickening. A 27 year old father of two young children going to work to provide for his family never to return home. Not only was it a poor decision to engage in a shoot out with the robbers at this moment, the accuracy of their shots was so extremely poor it jeopardized even more innocent people stopped in traffic. This looks more like an attack from the mafia rather than "professionally trained police officers".

As "The Driver" posted, I do believe it is worth taking a moment to reflect on Frank Ordonez's life and family and appreciate everything you do have. Reading some of the petty issues in the Union forum pales in comparison to the lottery of life.

Full Video Link Myamii_Manager_HBE on Twitter

View attachment 275250
That is just crazy. Nothing Frank could have really done at that point. Your options are to stay in the truck and stay down which isn't good because the cops are firing at the guy in front of you. Other option try and escape moving through the line of fire.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Anybody else get one of these? They haven't mentioned anything about him at the PCM so half our drivers don't even know what this is about
doesn't surprise me that nothing was said or a moment of silence was initiated. This company has lost its feeling for family, accidents, and death of a fellow employee. A man was crushed on the drop dock where I work in the middle of the afternoon and the managers told everyone to go back to work. I thought you were supposed to call a team of hardship people in to consul everyone so they don't have traumatic episodes later.