NBC Nightly News

UPS needs to just act with integrity and put a plan to air condition their vehicles and facilities in place.

If they don’t want to do this they should remove air conditioning from all management offices immediately.

Who is kidding who here?

I don’t agree air conditioning the trucks and facilities will be ineffective as long as it is working it will be cooling down the air. I do believe it will inefficient at first as employees get used to it and learn how conserve it as much as possible.

I think once air is in you will be amazed at how employees learn to operate so that they stay as cool as possible.
It's not going to happen.
Then even got rid of the ice machines because they was too expensive to maintain

undies

UPS needs to just act with integrity and put a plan to air condition their vehicles and facilities in place.

If they don’t want to do this they should remove air conditioning from all management offices immediately.

Who is kidding who here?

I don’t agree air conditioning the trucks and facilities will be ineffective as long as it is working it will be cooling down the air. I do believe it will inefficient at first as employees get used to it and learn how conserve it as much as possible.

I think once air is in you will be amazed at how employees learn to operate so that they stay as cool as possible.

I...I...agree with you. Amazing.

RDL

Who is kidding who here?

Forget that. Way too demanding. Instead, just turn the hubs/sorting centers into giant refrigerators using the MGMT’s air conditioners and opening all the inside doors while closing all the outside ones. Maybe also outfit all the package cars with cooling gel and a vacuum-sealed double wall so that the overnight refrigeration sustains longer.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
I try to dig in a little harder in the early part of the day, getting rid of bulk and irregs before the hottest part of the day comes. I also have a few favorite shady spots where I open up all of my doors and sort my truck out.

You still have to find a way to be productive without killing yourself. On the other hand the company needs to do a little more for us on these extreme temperature days. Get us out of the building a little earlier and maybe lighten up the dispatch a little bit. Even if they can put another route in , having a few air drivers to help you out with the air so that you get done a little earlier.
That is the biggest issues is work load. If they would just lighten people up you wouldn’t have as many heat related issues imo. I am in the south we have no shade that you can go into to cool off or sort a truck it’s hot everywhere you go. I couldn’t find a lot of packages for prime week bc how horrible loads were they told me to stop and reorganize my truck I told them no it’s wasnt safe spending that much time in the back.

That is the biggest issues is work load. If they would just lighten people up you wouldn’t have as many heat related issues imo. I am in the south we have no shade that you can go into to cool off or sort a truck it’s hot everywhere you go. I couldn’t find a lot of packages for prime week bc how horrible loads were they told me to stop and reorganize my truck I told them no it’s wasnt safe spending that much time in the back.
You definitely can't spend too much time in the back of the truck. One of my favorite places to sort is under an old bridge that has been shut down. Just enough room to park underneath and no sun.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
You definitely can't spend too much time in the back of the truck. One of my favorite places to sort is under an old bridge that has been shut down. Just enough room to park underneath and no sun.
Well let me rephrase we have shade but the humidity is so high that it doesn’t matter if you are in the shade or not it’s still hell lol