NBC Nightly News

pkgdriver

That is the biggest issues is work load. If they would just lighten people up you wouldn’t have as many heat related issues imo. I am in the south we have no shade that you can go into to cool off or sort a truck it’s hot everywhere you go. I couldn’t find a lot of packages for prime week bc how horrible loads were they told me to stop and reorganize my truck I told them no it’s wasnt safe spending that much time in the back.

Well Steve Gaut VP also said UPS drivers are only in the cargo area of the vehicles for "a few seconds at a time.":sunny:

coolslice

Another idiot that thinks UPS pays us our rate because they want to, not because it was bargained for, along with benefits and pension. You sir, are a dumb :censored2:.

Aww, how cute. Another union ankle grabber that actually believes the union wipes his ass just like his mommy. You probably also think UPS has people lined up at the door to work for the company because the union takes such good care of us. Maybe you need to pull your head out of your ass and look at the type of employees UPS is having to hire/ settle for now. It is no longer a sought after job, and that's because the union has sold us out repeatedly. Social media has revealed what a :censored2:ty job it actually is. Boy, 22.4's really have it made. Lower pay, longer top-outs, working weekends, you name it. Thanks, Teamsters. Besides, I never said UPS pays us because they want to, I said it's because they have to if they want to keep people there any length of time and have employees that give a quarter of a friend* about their job.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

Aww, how cute. Another union ankle grabber that actually believes the union wipes his ass just like his mommy. You probably also think UPS has people lined up at the door to work for the company because the union takes such good care of us. Maybe you need to pull your head out of your ass and look at the type of employees UPS is having to hire/ settle for now. It is no longer a sought after job, and that's because the union has sold us out repeatedly. Social media has revealed what a :censored2:ty job it actually is. Boy, 22.4's really have it made. Lower pay, longer top-outs, working weekends, you name it. Thanks, Teamsters. Besides, I never said UPS pays us because they want to, I said it's because they have to if they want to keep people there any length of time and have employees that give a quarter of a friend* about their job.

giphy-63.gif

542thruNthru

Spoken like someone that realizes they are paying to be anally raped. Hey, what can I say? Some guys are into that sort of thing, so if the shoe fits, that's your business. It must have been a bitch trying to find someone to tattoo that teamster logo on your anus. You must be a friend of Obama.

Please tell me how bad I have it. So far you've said nothing that's true in my area.

Wait time to be a driver is now at 11 years.

22.4s make more than cover drivers in my area and have a guarantee now.

Best benefits in the industry.

Best pension in the industry.

Please tell me how UPS couldn't pay me less and how the union doesn't provide me anything.

coolslice

Please tell me how bad I have it. So far you've said nothing that's true in my area.

Wait time to be a driver is now at 11 years.

Best benefits in the industry.

Best pension in the industry.

Please tell me how UPS couldn't pay me less and how the union doesn't provide me anything.

I don't know how you have it where you're at, but where I'm at, wait time to be a driver is as soon as you're foolish enough to sign the intent sheet, which could be your first day. Coverage drivers make the same as route drivers where I'm at, and 22.4's are on a lower pay scale. The union doesn't provide me with jack. I work my ass off for what I make, and the union takes around $1200 a year of it. People forget the fact that we make what we do because we essentially work a job and a half and make a ton of money for the company. They can't make that money hiring bums that work for a month and quit. Trust me, if UPS were losing money by paying our wage and benefits, then we wouldn't get either. The union would be powerless to stop it. Give yourself the credit, not the corrupt fat cats at the union.

RDL

How the hell do 22.4s make more than a cover driver if a cover is supposed to make 85% of RPCD top rate and the 22.4 position hasn’t existed long enough for anyone to be at top rate in the classification? :confused2:

542thruNthru

I don't know how you have it where you're at, but where I'm at, wait time to be a driver is as soon as you're foolish enough to sign the intent sheet, which could be your first day. Coverage drivers make the same as route drivers where I'm at, and 22.4's are on a lower pay scale. The union doesn't provide me with jack. I work my ass off for what I make, and the union takes around $1200 a year of it. People forget the fact that we make what we do because we essentially work a job and a half and make a ton of money for the company. They can't make that money hiring bums that work for a month and quit. Trust me, if UPS were losing money by paying our wage and benefits, then we wouldn't get either. The union would be powerless to stop it. Give yourself the credit, not the corrupt fat cats at the union.

I'm more just trying to point out the union isn't useless. Is it perfect NO but what is?

All I'm really trying to say is UPS is much worse then the Union and people seem to over look how much the union has done for us.

Sorry I gave you a hard time but I know I have a good job and sometimes feel the need to defend why.

I'm more just trying to point out the union isn't useless. Is it perfect NO but what is?

All I'm really trying to say is UPS is much worse then the Union and people seem to over look how much the union has done for us.

Sorry I gave you a hard time but I know I have a good job and sometimes feel the need to defend why.
Softie...

542thruNthru

How the hell do 22.4s make more than a cover driver if a cover is supposed to make 85% of RPCD top rate and the 22.4 position hasn’t existed long enough for anyone to be at top rate in the classification? :confused2:

I'll answer your question when you ask properly. You will address me as Sir 542 the great.

coolslice

I'm sure things are different everywhere, but where I'm at the Union and the company are one in the same. Neither gives a damn about anything other than dues, numbers, and profit. Am I getting $23 a week worth of union work? that would be a HELL NO to me. Trust me, if you're in a right to work state and tell the union you're getting out, you'll see just how much they care about you if you threaten to take away some of their income.